Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just One Heater Vent Not Blowing On Focus

ba55man

Hi guys , can anyone shed some light on a problem on my 52 plate st170 . i have climate control and everything works fine except the drivers side air vent never blows out any air at all ,all the other vents on the dash work fine, the flap inside the vent is open as you can see it opening and closing when you use the wheel on the vent but no air ever comes out no matter how i play about with the settings.

Hi guys , can anyone shed some light on a problem on my 52 plate st170 . i have climate control and everything works fine except the drivers side air vent never blows out any air at all ,all the other vents on the dash work fine, the flap inside the vent is open as you can see it opening and closing when you use the wheel on the vent but no air ever comes out no matter how i play about with the settings.

if its like the vw climatronic which im sure it is there are motorised vents inside the ducting these can stick a fault scan will reveal a code in most cases it was an involved process in the vw to manually adjust it so ive no idea how hard it is in the st though i would say that i wouldnt advise you muck around with it, they are easy to screw up and expensive to fix ide let ford fix it.

if its like the vw climatronic which im sure it is there are motorised vents inside the ducting these can stick a fault scan will reveal a code in most cases it was an involved process in the vw to manually adjust it so ive no idea how hard it is in the st though i would say that i wouldnt advise you muck around with it, they are easy to screw up and expensive to fix ide let ford fix it.

Hi im sure your right , i think there are motorised servos that control the vents just thought there might be one common one to direct air flow to all four vents thats why i cant understand not getting air from just one vent, would be suprised if each of the vents had seperate motors.

Hi im sure your right , i think there are motorised servos that control the vents just thought there might be one common one to direct air flow to all four vents thats why i cant understand not getting air from just one vent, would be suprised if each of the vents had seperate motors.

well my vw did each vent had its own motor so the climatronic can adjust them itself when it needs to so its a possibility

• 4 months later...

Hi there

I have the same problem on my car but I do not have air conditioning.

Did you manage to fix the problem?

Cheers

nel

It may just be that the vent tube has dislodged from the air distribution box end.

I had this problem with a Focus Zetec I used to own.

If this is the problem, I solved it by tying a long zip tie round the hose end and tightened it onto the outlet duct, to stop it happening again.

• 6 months later...

I have exactly the same problem with my 02 Focus LX Estate. I've yet to investigate, but as an owner of Fords for many years (Zephyrs, Zodiac, Cortinas, Granadas) I've usually found that the solutions to problems are simple, so I'll be looking for the pipe having dropped off before I worry too much about the servo motors!

Steve

For those of you experiencing the issue, remove the air vent, by gently pulling the vent under the lip with a flat blade screwdriver. Once you have removed the vent, put the blowers on. You should find that the vent gap is big enough to put your arm into? can you feel a breeze if you were to put your hand next to the gap the vent slots into? likely not!

Put the fans onto full speed and feel the tube, is there much vibration? if yes its probably the servos, as the vibration of the air before the servos will still continue down the tube! probably need a dab of WD40, but for that you will probably need to remove the motor, which as memory serves me correctly, some people have done, and have struggled with!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club