Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4l TDCI Diesel

Rissa

Hi Wondering if anyone can assist.

I Have the above vehicle with only 94000 miles on clock. However i have been having some issues recently. The car emits a blue/ greyish smoke from the exhaust!

i have taken it to ford to check the issue they advised that my injectors needed cleaning and i need a system regeneration which since i have had this done. The car ran fine for a good 3 months and then the smoke appreared even more. 

I noticed the car starts to smoke once the engine fan comes on! I have since taken my car to multiple garages who have checked things like coolant and injectors etc but everything seems fine.

Can anyone advise what the issue might be as i am stuck with this car for a further 2 years 😩

Sounds like you're having DPF issues.  Do you mostly cover short journeys on a cold engine? 

On 2/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like you're having DPF issues.  Do you mostly cover short journeys on a cold engine? 

Yes i had the oil and filter changed in addition to a system regeneration and an injector clean as recommended by ford it was alright for 3 months the started up again could this have something to do with the turbo? Or should i try again with but drive longer journeys?

i have noticed its fine driving up to about 20mph but as soon as the engine fan comes on massive amounts of smoke come out exhaust 

On 2/20/2019 at 8:29 PM, dezwez said:

are you sure its not burning oil 🙁

Im not sure how can i tell?

blue smoke out the tail pipe and the oil leave going down fast

8 minutes ago, dezwez said:

blue smoke out the tail pipe and the oil leave going down fast

So how do i repair what do i need to get done? The smoke is blue/grey

The fan is coming on because it's trying to do a DPF regen.  This is also where the smoke comes from.  You can try  taking it for a longer drive but it sounds like it might be too far gone for that and need another forced regen by a garage.

Ultimately if you mainly do short runs, a DPF equipped car is not for you.