Do Not Sell My Personal Information

White paint on bonnet not glossy after polish?!?!

CharlieN

I have a white fiesta zetec s mk7 2010. Since I’ve had it the bonnet is a really strange feeling, like it needed a good polish. I have tried everything from white t-cut, to polish. But it still seems like a matte finish. One section of the bonnet is fine and gloss white, but the rest is like I’ve said. Any help???

Has it been resprayed to a poor standard in that area? Is there any overspray along the top edges of the wings or slam panel? 

55 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Has it been resprayed to a poor standard in that area? Is there any overspray along the top edges of the wings or slam panel? 

I’m pretty sure it has not been resprayed. There are no signs of overspray and also underneath it looks like the factory bonnet

It probably has had a smart repair done in the past.  I had a door like this on my Focus.  No amount of polishing would bring any depth out and it always felt a bit rough. You could try mopping the whole bonnet in case it's only flat lacquer.

I reckon it's a poor repair job. you are probably lucky it's white and not a metallic colour where the quality difference would show more

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

It probably has had a smart repair done in the past.  I had a door like this on my Focus.  No amount of polishing would bring any depth out and it always felt a bit rough. You could try mopping the whole bonnet in case it's only flat lacquer.

Yeh I will try doing this tomorrow. Thanks for your reply

4 minutes ago, isetta said:

I reckon it's a poor repair job. you are probably lucky it's white and not a metallic colour where the quality difference would show more

That’s the thing. There are no signs of a respray job being done. But yeh it’s white so it doesn’t show up as much

Maybe it's been too polished in the past and removed or damaged the laquer.

30 minutes ago, craig26283 said:

Maybe it's been too polished in the past and removed or damaged the laquer.

Yeh possibly. I’m thinking about getting it resprayed or finding a new bonnet