Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible to upgrade normal focus mk2.5 stereo

AzurA

Hello, I have a 2009ford focus mk2.5. I wanted to upgrade the radio to the sony ones so I bought one out of an st mk2.5. upon fitting the radio the bluetooth doesn't give me a pairing code when I try and pair my phone. I was wondering if I needed an updated bluetooth module or something to go along with it?

18 hours ago, AzurA said:

Hello, I have a 2009ford focus mk2.5. I wanted to upgrade the radio to the sony ones so I bought one out of an st mk2.5. upon fitting the radio the Bluetooth doesn't give me a pairing code when I try and pair my phone. I was wondering if I needed an updated Bluetooth module or something to go along with it?

Did the original head unit have working bluetooth functionality?

The bluetooth unit is seperate to the radio so if you didn't have it before then you won't now unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I have the bluetooth module and the original radio but the bluetooth disconnects when I try to make a call on the old radio, with the new one it just swaps between FM and phone constantly when its connected and with the new radio the aux port doesn't work.. I heard somewhere that the st has USB and aux with the bluetooth module so I wasn't sure if I had to buy a new Bluetooth module or if I can just hot swap... many thanks

the early cars could have basic phone only BT connection (as a cost option, with an additional module and extra wiring)

the sony if its a focus version - (mondeo radio looks the same but are different inside) is capable of working with a later better BT module.  I don't know if the sony supports the old one or both types.   Of the later type there's two varieties, ones with USB, BT phone and BT music streaming go for £120 ...but they use four more wires to get the stereo music into the headunit.... so its not plug and play anyway

post the model number of the BT unit you have....  

• Like 1