Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

HELP PLEASe

alexlovelady21

Hi guys I’ve been an idiot i locked my keys to my MK1 Focus in the boot does anyone have any ways of getting in without breaking glass

Thanks

Did you deadlock the car, 2 presses on the fob or 1?

There are ways to get into the cabin without any major damage but not if it's deadlocked.

Obviously people aren't going to post how to break into a car on a public forum but someone could PM you.

Ok the car isnt deadlocked do you know how i can get into it

Do you have breakdown cover?
A lot of breakdown cover includes options for when you've locked yourself out of your car. 

Fortunately for this situation the mk1 uses the tibbe key style which is ridiculously easily to pick open using one of these tools from amazon

If its not deadlocked, just bend the top of the door out slightly and use some sort of rod or bent coat hangar to pull the interior door handle.  

Also worth trying a mates Tibbe key if you know anyone with a similar aged Ford, or even just a screwdriver if you have one the same size, the Tibbe keys aren't secure at all.

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If its not deadlocked, just bend the top of the door out slightly and use some sort of rod or bent coat hangar to pull the interior door handle.  

Also worth trying a mates Tibbe key if you know anyone with a similar aged Ford, or even just a screwdriver if you have one the same size, the Tibbe keys aren't secure at all.

I pm'd the coat hanger method yesterday Tom, didn't think it would be allowed to be posted on here. Obviously no joy with it.

OP - Can't you got a key blade made up at Ford's from your V5 and VIN number? You only need the key blade to get in rather than a more expensive remote.

I'd be amazed if anyone didn't know the coat hangar method...it's hardly a secret. :laugh:  

Ford cant make keys from a VIN or V5.  The key code isn't linked to those.  They need the code which is probably in the book pack in the OPs glovebox... :rolleyes: 

Right looks like I’m going to have to smash the window does anyone know which one is the cheapest to be buy and get fitted

Have you tried getting a quote from a locksmith? Got to be cheaper than the window option if you're not fitting it yourself.

Packing straps are  usually a good alternative to coat hanger.

colorful-plastic-packing-strap-500x500.jpg

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Packing straps are  usually a good alternative to coat hanger.

colorful-plastic-packing-strap-500x500.jpg

I've used it in the past to wrap around a pull up door lock but I didn't think you would be able to manipulate it onto a recessed door handle so didn't mention it. Anything is worth a try though.🙂

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Or eBay and Amazon do other implements I've used in a legal and professional capacity. Honest😉

Like the one posted above by luke4efc? I can't believe joe blogs can buy that sort of gear.

Right so I’ve bought a kit to hopefully unlock it thanks guys