Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is paint code?

StephenFord

Have looked in usual places, drivers door jamb, under bonnet, can't see anything, and the paperwork with the car helpfully tells me it is blue! Where would I find the accurate paint code just to order some touch up paint?

Gosh, could Ford have made that any more obscure? Most makes put the word 'paint' beside the code on label to avoid dimwits like me asking such basic questions. Also, a 'google' on G3 paint gives gold and blue in results, so far, not too impressed...😊

G3 ford paint

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Gosh, could Ford have made that any more obscure? Most makes put the word 'paint' beside the code on label to avoid dimwits like me asking such basic questions. Also, a 'google' on G3 paint gives gold and blue in results, so far, not too impressed...😊

G3 ford paint

2005 New Focus "G" 4CVEWWA Aquarius ?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, avi said:

2005 New Focus "G" 4CVEWWA Aquarius ?

Aquarius! Now, why couldn't Ford give me such a great pointer, thank you!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi.  Can somebody please help?

I have a 2019 Focus ST-Line X in Desert Island blue metallic. For the life of me I cannot find the paint code. The plate in the door shut has no listing for paint.  Google searches are inconsistently coming back with JDCE but I'm not 100% convinced. Never had a car where paint code isn't clearly listed.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

16 hours ago, Fozzie1973 said:

Hi.  Can somebody please help?

I have a 2019 Focus ST-Line X in Desert Island blue metallic. For the life of me I cannot find the paint code. The plate in the door shut has no listing for paint.  Google searches are inconsistently coming back with JDCE but I'm not 100% convinced. Never had a car where paint code isn't clearly listed.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

the new focus does still show the paint code on the vin plate , its the 2nd box up on left

1 minute ago, iantt said:

the new focus does still show the paint code on the vin plate , its the 2nd box up on left

I still find it odd that Toyota, Mercedes, BMW etc all have a specific box on the VIN plate marked, "paint code" whereas Ford seem to keep this nugget of information totally anonymous! 🤣

• 8 months later...

Hi Stephen,

I'm just going through the same problem for our Ford Focus 2005 that you did.  G3 is coming up Pueblo Gold and not Aquarius.  Did you finally get the correct spray paint and if so where from please?

Many thanks

Pauline

Edited by Sunseeker Pauline
Gave incorrect information

53 minutes ago, Sunseeker Pauline said:

Hi Stephen,

I'm just going through the same problem for our Ford Focus 2005 that you did.  G3 is coming up Pueblo Gold and not Aquarius.  Did you finally get the correct spray paint and if so where from please?

Many thanks

Pauline

Yes, I did get a small bottle of touch up paint from my favourite shop - eBay. (Just noticed, I bought it 18 months ago, and despite being used regularly, there's still about 80% left!)

Here's the link where I bought it...

Love the description on that "does not requiry the use of a protective Lacquer" 😂 on a good note though its very good stuff I had the moondust one on my old mk2. 

51 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Love the description on that "does not requiry the use of a protective Lacquer" 😂 on a good note though its very good stuff I had the moondust one on my old mk2. 

You'll have to excuse the seller, she's from Norn Iron, that's how we speak here 🤣

• Haha 2

Bang your vin in to ETIS and it will tell you your colour and you can grab the ‘ford’ special code name for the paint from there.

I absolutely hate fords paint naming convention... trying to get the matching paint for ‘spirit blue’ was a nightmare... could be Pearl, could be metallic... could just be blue... the joys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Bang your vin in to ETIS and it will tell you your colour and you can grab the ‘ford’ special code name for the paint from there.

I absolutely hate fords paint naming convention... trying to get the matching paint for ‘spirit blue’ was a nightmare... could be Pearl, could be metallic... could just be blue... the joys!

Seriously, why does Ford make such a simple task so difficult? Why should you need to try and access a web site to seek such a basic bit of info? Like every other manufacturer on the planet, you should be able to look at your VIN plate, see the colour of your car, and pop off to your favourite paint supplier for same...🙁

• Like 1

Seriously, why does Ford make such a simple task so difficult? Why should you need to try and access a web site to seek such a basic bit of info? Like every other manufacturer on the planet, you should be able to look at your VIN plate, see the colour of your car, and pop off to your favourite paint supplier for same...[emoji853]

:( I know the pain. ETIS is awful to navigate aswell... god damn ford!

Luckily enough, Ford Europe only have a tiny amount of Blues 🙄

https://colorndrive.com/gb/touch-up-paint/ford-europe-focus?year=&baseColor=BLUE

I got my kit from these guys on eBay, good price and speedy delivery, not had to use it yet, thankfully.

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/myldanautodesign

• Like 1

I only used that site to find the code, and that isn't even Ford, goodness know how much they'd charge!

I paid £7:50 from the eBay link I put. They've got Aquarius https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-AQUARIUS-BLUE-PAINT-TOUCH-UP-PEN-FIESTA-FOCUS-ST-MONDEO-KUGA-EDGE-ETC-/162580374356

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club