Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wind Deflector Help

Aaron Harris

Hi All,

I got a set of wind deflectors for my Ford Focus MK3.5 ST over xmas. I had some trouble with the near side front window when I fitted them it wouldn't shut with out the windows stopping and then reopening. I had to close the window in stages. Over the cold winter it worked fine when I tried it out. But today when I had the widows down I got the same problem with the same window. All the others work fine. I am going to have a proper look at it over the weekend but has anyone got any ideas of what might be the issue and how to fix it.

Any ideas would be great,

Thanks

Aaron 

It’s a common issue with wind deflectors on any car. It’s to do with the ‘anti pinch’ mechanism, the car thinks the deflector is a finger and rolls back down. 

You need to reset the windows. Put the window all the way down and then put it all the way up again - keep holding the up button and when it reaches the top keep the button held for 5 seconds then let go and pull the button up again for 5s and it should allow the window to remember that position/pressure as being fully closed.

you might have to try it a couple of times as the window may keep bouncing down when you try it

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

It’s a common issue with wind deflectors on any car. It’s to do with the ‘anti pinch’ mechanism, the car thinks the deflector is a finger and rolls back down. 

You need to reset the windows. Put the window all the way down and then put it all the way up again - keep holding the up button and when it reaches the top keep the button held for 5 seconds then let go and pull the button up again for 5s and it should allow the window to remember that position/pressure as being fully closed.

you might have to try it a couple of times as the window may keep bouncing down when you try it

I think this has worked. I will keep trying the window over the weekend. Thanks for your comment.

Eventually the window rubbers adjust to having the deflectors installed and the window should go up fully as before. Ideally you want to leave it up for a few days to give the rubbers time to adjust.

3 hours ago, Aaron Harris said:

I think this has worked. I will keep trying the window over the weekend. Thanks for your comment.

Good news, will keep fingers crossed for you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club