Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window issue on 2012 focus

CallumW

Hello everyone,

looking for advice, the button for the passenger side window on the drivers side has stopped working. The drivers side button for the drivers side window works fine and the passengers side button works for the passengers side. 

Hope the above makes sense 

If it was me, I'd start with the wiring for the drivers side switch.

Nothing wrong with the motor or anything like that. Could be something simple as a dirty contact on the button itself.

Gently prise the switch out and make sure the plug is in there good and solid. Give the plug and the switch itself a good spray with WD40 contact cleaner, let it dry and see how you go.

HTH

On 2/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, CallumW said:

Hello everyone,

looking for advice, the button for the passenger side window on the drivers side has stopped working. The drivers side button for the drivers side window works fine and the passengers side button works for the passengers side. 

Hope the above makes sense 

My advice would be as per the above post but don't use WD-40, use actual electrical contact cleaner (it's cheap enough) rather than WD-40 which coats everything in silicone.

I thought the same but hesitated because I wondered if WD40 do make a contact cleaner. It turns out they do, see here.

1 hour ago, mjt said:

I thought the same but hesitated because I wondered if WD40 do make a contact cleaner. It turns out they do, see here.

Problem is, a lot of people mistake "regular" WD-40 for contact cleaner although you're right in that they also make an actual contact cleaner in addition to the "regular" stuff that everyone is familiar with.

Certainly putting the 'WD-40' label on it is a recipe for confusion.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club