Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 rear wiper wiring problem

Reg Hill

I have a problem with rear wiper not returning to park position on my 2006 Focus 1.6. There is no constant live feed. No broken wires in hatch area.  After several hours of removing trim panels and trying to trace the source of the wiring problem, I have found a relay in the rear wheel arch that was taped to the harness just before the connector C58 to the tailgate harness. Looks like a modification (recall possibly ?). The wire that is supposed to be constant live is live on the front side of the realy but not the other. Does anyone know anything about this ? Havent tested the relay actuator feed yet as It was getting dark. If that's live then I'll just replace the relay but if not then I don't have a clue where that wire comes from. There's no mention of it in the wiring diagram (that I can find anyway). It's a small green and blue wire.

If anyone has any insight into this I'd be most grateful.

Many Thanks.

20190221_155038.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Did you find some informations regarding this Green/Blue wire? Did you solve your problem?

I have the exact same problem on my 2005 Focus mk2 1.6 Ti-VCT. I also have the same relay on the left side of the trunk, with the same wire colors.

I've removed and tested the relay which seems fine (it clicks). I've also tested the wires on their own: when the rear wiper switch is activated (on intermittent position), I have 12V on the power circuit (the two Orange/Blue wires), but 0V on the command circuit (Green/Blue and Black wires), and the wiper arm stops in random places. However, when I put directly in contact both wires from the power circuit (the two Orange/Blue wires), the wiper arm does a full swipe as it should.

Like you, I can't find anything regarding the Green/Blue wire or this particular relay anywhere in the official wiring diagram, the Haynes manual, or the whole Internet for that matter. It seems that only a few early mk2 models (2005 and 2006) have this relay in the trunk.

20200928_112946_small.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club