Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Battery Info Message

SpooRancher

Hi -

I have a 2.0 diesel automatic Titanium X Mondeo that's just gone over 5 years old.

At about 4.5 years old I started to get intermittent yellow "Low Battery" info messages (*not* "Low key fob battery" messages) on the display when I unlocked the car, opened the door and the display powered up. Never had any problem starting. I put a smart charger on the battery and that said it was fully charged.

I had the battery replaced back in October 2018 and the problem went away. But in the last few weeks I've had two re-occurrences of it; again the engine starts quite normally. During a recent period of very cold weather it didn't happen; temperature was above 10C when it did.

I do mostly short trips, and not many of those lately. After the first re-occurrence a week or so ago I did 50 miles of motorway run, so I would have thought the battery would be fully charged? Is my driving pattern causing this?

The handbook would suggest this is a service issue. What might I do about this, if anything?

Thanks

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/22/2019 at 6:24 PM, SpooRancher said:

Hi -

I have a 2.0 diesel automatic Titanium X Mondeo that's just gone over 5 years old.

At about 4.5 years old I started to get intermittent yellow "Low Battery" info messages (*not* "Low key fob battery" messages) on the display when I unlocked the car, opened the door and the display powered up. Never had any problem starting. I put a smart charger on the battery and that said it was fully charged.

I had the battery replaced back in October 2018 and the problem went away. But in the last few weeks I've had two re-occurrences of it; again the engine starts quite normally. During a recent period of very cold weather it didn't happen; temperature was above 10C when it did.

I do mostly short trips, and not many of those lately. After the first re-occurrence a week or so ago I did 50 miles of motorway run, so I would have thought the battery would be fully charged? Is my driving pattern causing this?

The handbook would suggest this is a service issue. What might I do about this, if anything?

Thanks

Alan

Plus 1, I have the same issue on my new to me 2014 Titanium X Business Edition.

Hope someone comes back with some feed back

Cheers

Drive

Possible alternator fault or the battery is knackered, chancecare its the battery as insuspect its original, best get it checked out.

• 2 years later...

2011 Mondeo Titanium X 163 Business 2.0 TDCI
"LOW BATTERY" Warning.
I replaced my battery with a Bosch S5 010 starter battery TYPE 110 800A (EN) 85 Ah 12V from battery Megastore.
Problem solved. One of the best £100 I ever spent !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club