Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone fitted wind deflectors to their MK8?

DEVSR2

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted a set of wind deflectors made by Climair to their MK8 Fiesta? 

I have a set that I need to fit but a friend of mine with a MK8 Fiesta Titanium struggled with his ClimAir set and had to file down a little to make good - this is because they seemed far too long for the window (but was absolutely the right ones).

As i saw the difficulty he had, can anyone offer any tips for installation? any watch-outs/suggestions would be welcomed.

Cheers,

I have read on these forums a few times that the fit is not true and lots of people seem to have to make slight modifications. 

For that hat reason I have decided to opt away from them, at least until the manufacturer sorts out the issue in a new batch maybe. 

I have them on my mk8. The front ones took a bit if bending to get them in, and work fine. The rear ones I can't get to stay in, the supplied clips don't seem to fit. Might have to try some good quality double sided tape!!

I would recommend getting some silicone lubricant as in the cold weather they are fine, but in warm/hot weather the windows wouldn't go back up without some 'hand help'

Thanks @TomBoyNI & @lst! I have a set now but unsure on whether to proceed fitting if they are going to cause issues.

@lst do you recommend any particular silicone lubricant? and where did you apply it?

I used 3-IN-ONE Professional Silicone Spray Lubricant (currently £5.99 @ halfords)  Once I'd fitted the deflectors I sprayed some on a tissue and then wiped where the plastic meets glass. Haven't had to reapply since doing it a year ago.

Yes at first sight they do seem far to big to fit, they do take some bending for them to fit properly - just have the courage of your convictions, they will go in!!

Also ensure you keep those windows closed a minimum of 24 hours, otherwise you will have problems with the bounce back feature! I occasionally spray some GT85 into the where

the windows run. 

Thanks guys. I'll have a go when I have time this week and let you know how they go 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club