Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel injector replacement

JAL98

Hi everyone, I am going to be replacing the fuel injectors on my st150 and was wondering if i need to do anything to the ecu. Or is it just a case of plug and play?

Assuming you are using the same spec or part as the original, you don't need to do anything.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ad@m said:

Assuming you are using the same spec or part as the original, you don't need to do anything.

I remember doing this on my old mk3 mondeo and every injector had a number stamped on it that had to be programmed into the ecu but that was a while back, things may have changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks LesPes, ignore what I stated Jal98. It might be the case that you do need to programme the classification numbers. I.ve done straight swaps on MK5's but at some point things did change.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ad@m said:

Thanks LesPes, ignore what I stated Jal98. It might be the case that you do need to programme the classification numbers. I.ve done straight swaps on MK5's but at some point things did change.

Delphi systems are usually ok but Bosch need programming only what i have read

• Thanks 1

Diesel injectors needs coding on the mk6 but I don't think the petrol ones do.  Tbh they don't usually break.  If you're fitting uprated ones you'll need it mapped to make the most of them.

• Thanks 1

Incase anyone is interested, according to a Haynes Manual for the MK7 (2013 - 2017) it mentions diesels require recoding after refitting new ones. For petrol, it does not.

• Thanks 1

Im putting a new set in as it struggle to stary when its warm and it sometimes misfires 

Have you checked or changed anything else to try and rectify the fault?  More likely to be ignition related imo.

58 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you checked or changed anything else to try and rectify the fault?  More likely to be ignition related imo.

Incoming! Parts canon fired lol. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, stef123 said:

Incoming! Parts canon fired lol. 

Keeps the automotive parts suppliers in business though. You need to think of the wider picture before being a keyboard warrior!!! Job losses ! You wouldn't want that on your conscience. 😀😀😀

• Haha 1

Yeah I'd check if there could be any other culprit. Could you check the fuel delivery using a diagnostic unit? My dad at the moment was using his diagnostic machine to check the fuel usage on a 1.4 fiat punto as its using a bit of fuel for its engine. I can't remember what it was called which he was looking at. 

I got all 4 injectors reconditioned on my mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCI as one was leaking diesel in the cylinders and what cause the car to run lumpy when it's started after sitting for more than 2 hours. It was Bosch injectors and don't seem to need coding. My dad's friend who used to work for Ford said the car won't start if the injectors need coding. I put the injectors back in order from where they were after they came back from the company. 

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Yeah I'd check if there could be any other culprit. Could you check the fuel delivery using a diagnostic unit? My dad at the moment was using his diagnostic machine to check the fuel usage on a 1.4 fiat punto as its using a bit of fuel for its engine. I can't remember what it was called which he was looking at. 

I got all 4 injectors reconditioned on my mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCI as one was leaking diesel in the cylinders and what cause the car to run lumpy when it's started after sitting for more than 2 hours. It was bosch injectors and don't seem to need coding. My dad's friend who used to work for Ford said the car won't start if the injectors need coding. I put the injectors back in order from where they were after they came back from the company. 

well,even if they needed it they wouldn't need coding if they were the same injectors.If they needed programming but wasn't, It would start and it would run but in time it would run rough as the programming apparently tells the ecu what settings to allow for the engine. Someone with better knowledge would explain it better i am no expert and the info here is readily available on various sites regarding injectors etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iantt said:

Keeps the automotive parts suppliers in business though. You need to think of the wider picture before being a keyboard warrior!!! Job losses ! You wouldn't want that on your conscience. 😀😀😀

Closure of euro car parts? 😝

32 minutes ago, stef123 said:

Closure of euro car parts? 😝

Not before a discount code is issued . 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ive changed the spark plugs, ht leads coil pack, put a new fuel filter on and it still struggle to start and sometimes misfires.

34 minutes ago, JAL98 said:

Ive changed the spark plugs, ht leads coil pack, put a new fuel filter on and it still struggle to start and sometimes misfires.

Ok, that's a good start! :smile:

Have you run any diagnostics on it?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ok, that's a good start! :smile:

Have you run any diagnostics on it?

Ive actually got a diagnostic tool coming this week at some point which im hoping will be a big help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club