Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CD6000 Upgrade

Beano4390

Hi 

new to the forum and need some help, I’ve got a Ford Mondeo Mk4 with a CD6000, ive recently got hold of a Sony 6cd stereo from another Mk4 and fitted to my car, cd and radio work fine but when trying to use aux or VC it goes crazy flicking between the two and then I can’t stop it by pressing any of the buttons, I have to remove the key and start again.. any help on why this is happening and why I can do I believed it should have been a straight swap.. 

On 2/23/2019 at 8:18 PM, Beano4390 said:

Hi 

new to the forum and need some help, I’ve got a Ford Mondeo Mk4 with a CD6000, ive recently got hold of a Sony 6cd stereo from another Mk4 and fitted to my car, cd and radio work fine but when trying to use aux or VC it goes crazy flicking between the two and then I can’t stop it by pressing any of the buttons, I have to remove the key and start again.. any help on why this is happening and why I can do I believed it should have been a straight swap.. 

Are you sure the new head uit is from a MK4 Mondeo and not a MK2.5 Focus?  They look the same but they aren't compatible.

• Like 1

Are you sure the new head uit is from a MK4 Mondeo and not a MK2.5 Focus?  They look the same but they aren't compatible.

Hi, was brought off eBay and stated as coming from a Mk4 mondeo but you never know with eBay. Is there anyway to identify what it came from with the stereo?

I also Wondered if it could have been anything to do with the Bt/VC as mine doesn’t have the usb, only aux are there any comparability issues with them?

2 minutes ago, Beano4390 said:

Hi, was brought off eBay and stated as coming from a Mk4 mondeo but you never know with eBay. Is there anyway to identify what it came from with the stereo?

I also Wondered if it could have been anything to do with the Bt/VC as mine doesn’t have the usb, only aux are there any comparability issues with them?

There are also several versions of the BT module and not all versions are compatible with all the head units, if you could post the Ford part numbers for the head unit and BT module someone on here will probably be able to work out if the 2 are compatible with each other.

There are also several versions of the BT module and not all versions are compatible with all the head units, if you could post the Ford part numbers for the head unit and BT module someone on here will probably be able to work out if the 2 are compatible with each other.

Cheers for your help, as suggested I have posted the images below, hopefully someone can advise.

IMG_1309.jpgc763f83003c90c0003a42e4f63cd3083.jpg0e89b5bcd61495559f5e71d16a7ceba9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club