Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice discs/pads upgrade - Ford fiesta ST (Mk6 - 2008)

Jon_T

Hello,

I have an MK6 Fiesta ST500 and I want to upgrade the discs and pads, but I am not overly knowledgable in this area, so may need some advice - I do know the front discs are 278mm and 253mm on the rears. 

The stock OEM discs and pads are okay, but I want something that a bit more grabby/better for road use only. 

I have had a look around and found some nice Brembo's discs (I like the Brembo MAX) and pads, I could only find rear discs for some reason, not front!

I also found some EBC discs to go with EBC Green Stuff pads (Links below):

To the main question, I was wondering whether anyone has used Brembo or EBC discs and green stuff pads on an MK6 ST and whether you could comment on your experiences?

Also, would these discs and pads fit the existing callipers on the MK6 ST's, or would I need new ones?

Thanks in advance 😎

I upgraded the brakes on my mk6 fiesta zetec s to ST brakes front and rear. I used pagid discs and pads. Yeah Brembo sadly don't sell front discs sizes for the ST. Didn't know they sell the right size for the rear. 

I don't think different pads and probably disc designs make much or any difference. Probably if your on a track. 

Personally if I had an ST with the 17 inch alloys I'd upgrade the brakes to the mondeo ST ones. Only thing you need for the front is the mondeo calipers and carriers then you can put the bigger discs on which I think are around 300mm. Rear you'd need calipers, carriers and probably the splash Shield from a mondeo. Do have to admit the ST brakes are great and that's someone who had the stock fiesta brakes before 😂. Wish I could show pictures of my brake conversion on my car but not all pictures transfered over to my new phone 😑. You can look at my build project. 

Thanks for the advice Zain. I might consider that mondeo ST brake idea for the future!

Do have to admit the ST brakes are great and that's someone who had the stock fiesta brakes before

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I had a little 1.4 and 1.25 mk6 fiesta before moving over to the ST, the braking was so much better.

To be honest, I am not looking to mess around a whole lot with brakes at the moment, but just improve them without any major hassle.

When I bought the car, the dealership replaced the front discs and pads back in Aug of 2018, so the discs are still relatively new and probably pagid discs to be honest. However, the rears are starting to look a bit sorry for themselves (edges of the discs look to be a bit corroded - not sure when these were replaced). So, this is when I thought about the idea of upgrading to some better-performing discs and pads all-round (Front and rear) since the rear discs and pads needed doing anyway.

I think I'll either just buy some stock sized Pagid or plain Brembo rear discs, then put some nice brembo pads on the front and rear (Front and rear brembo discs would have been nice just to complete it) or consider some EBC front and rear discs and new pads, but I do not have any knowledge of EBC discs and whether they're any good to consider.

What do you think?

Sorry, I am a bit of a noob at all this.😆

Lol I'm not sure to be honest. I might be biast and say to just use pagid discs and pads to keep it consistent for the front and rear. My dad from his experience says pagid are as good quality as Brembo and are around the same prices. 

If you want to improve braking power it all comes down to surface area your making contact too so bigger discs, calipers and pistons. That's why I suggest upgrading to the mondeo ST brakes. Could also look at the mk1 focus ST brakes as I heard the rear calipers are the same for the fiesta ST except you'd need to change the carriers. Just look up which one has the biggest size discs. 

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

Lol I'm not sure to be honest. I might be biast and say to just use pagid discs and pads to keep it consistent for the front and rear. My dad from his experience says pagid are as good quality as brembo and are around the same prices.

The Brembo aftermarket range are not anything special, just rebranded Textar/Pagid/Mintex all of which are products produced by TMD Friction.

Personally I wouldn't buy Brembo because I prefer to know what I am paying for.

Thanks for your help. 👊

I had a read around some of the forums about EBC discs, some mixed views and most recommend Pagid for OEM replacements. So, for now, I think I will just buy some Pagid rear discs and put some OEM replacement Brembo pads all round for the time being.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club