Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant replacement

Kasun

Does anyone know how often coolant should be flushed and replaced on a Ford Fiesta 2010 Tdci Diesel?

Every 10 years.  The cambelt & waterpump will be due a change before then anyway. :smile: 

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, TomsFocus said:

Every 10 years.  The cambelt & waterpump will be due a change before then anyway. :smile: 

I can see previous owner has replaced waterpump, cambelt etc.. in 2015. But I can not find charge for coolant in that invoice. So I strongly suspect coolant has not been actually replaced at that point. Now the coolant level is close to min level & i think it is better to flush & replace rather just filling up with new coolant. But little worried because i have no idea how to bleed the cooling system 🙂

1 hour ago, Kasun said:

I can see previous owner has replaced waterpump, cambelt etc.. in 2015. But I can not find charge for coolant in that invoice. So I strongly suspect coolant has not been actually replaced at that point. Now the coolant level is close to min level & i think it is better to flush & replace rather just filling up with new coolant. But little worried because i have no idea how to bleed the cooling system 🙂

Most of the coolant falls out when the waterpump is removed so it is usually replaced at the same time.  Assuming the garages contact details are on the invoice you could ask them if it would've been changed.  You could also a local garage to test the freeze point of your coolant, only takes a few seconds to do and will save you wasting time and money replacing coolant unnecessarily.  Coolant is very difficult to dispose of properly these days.

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Most of the coolant falls out when the waterpump is removed so it is usually replaced at the same time.  Assuming the garages contact details are on the invoice you could ask them if it would've been changed.  You could also a local garage to test the freeze point of your coolant, only takes a few seconds to do and will save you wasting time and money replacing coolant unnecessarily.  Coolant is very difficult to dispose of properly these days.

Yes. I should try calling the garage and ask if they would have changed it. Assuming they changed or coolant is ok, do you think it is ok to buy the same colour coolant from a shop and fill overflow tank to max. I’m asking because i did read that mixing different coolant is not good. But i don’g know exact type they have used, what i only know is it is red 🙂

11 hours ago, Kasun said:

Yes. I should try calling the garage and ask if they would have changed it. Assuming they changed or coolant is ok, do you think it is ok to buy the same colour coolant from a shop and fill overflow tank to max. I’m asking because i did read that mixing different coolant is not good. But i don’g know exact type they have used, what i only know is it is red 🙂

As long as it's the correct colour it should be fine.  Only fill to half way between min & max though.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club