Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto lock?

Xlasis

I've got company car which is volswogen, and when i unlock and if dont open door etc its lock itself in 20sec. I tested this future on my fiesta waited next to car more than 2 minute nothing happen. I got keyless entry and thought maybe I'm close and its scanning I'm here that's why not locking and went far far away nothing again. 

How could i active auto lock? 

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Xlasis said:

I've got company car which is volswogen

10 points for that spelling of "Volkswagen"

• Haha 2

mine auto relocks after 30 seconds providing no doors have been opened.

9 hours ago, Xlasis said:

I tested this future on my fiesta waited next to car more than 2 minute nothing happen. I got keyless entry

I could be wrong, but I think the auto-relock only applies when using the wireless (RF) remote control. With Keyless, the unlocking sequence is triggered when you touch the door handle, and it then detects the passive key you are carrying. So that is considered enough security, no need for re-lock.

With RF remote, you can nick a set of keys from a handy jacket or bag, stand in the middle of the car park, press the button and watch for the car that flashes out a "steal me" message, and then do just that. This won't work with keyless.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

I could be wrong, but I think the auto-relock only applies when using the wireless (RF) remote control. With Keyless, the unlocking sequence is triggered when you touch the door handle, and it then detects the passive key you are carrying. So that is considered enough security, no need for re-lock.

With RF remote, you can nick a set of keys from a handy jacket or bag, stand in the middle of the car park, press the button and watch for the car that flashes out a "steal me" message, and then do just that. This won't work with keyless.

I also take that to mean keyless can't be "jammed" and prevented from locking when using the button on the door

On 2/24/2019 at 11:37 PM, Tdci-Peter said:

You are right! I did unlock on keyfob and waited, it relocked back. 

Thanks for advice. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club