Goldilocks

Snow Foam / Snow Foam Lance

Would it worth me buying snow foam and a snow foam lance for cleaning my car?

How does the snow foam work, does it lift off the dust and dirst or will I still have to go over the car with a clean wet cloth?

Which reasonably priced snow foam products could I consider buying which would do a good job and not be too expensive?

Are there any reasonably priced snow foam lances I could consider buying that would fit onto my Karcher pressure washer?

Thank you in advance for any helpful well meaning replies.

snow foam is good, but it's a pre-wash before a contact clean. It dissolves dirt and lifts it off to make it easier to wash afterwards.

I have one of these which is compatible with a Karcher (not the K2 though): https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/foam-lance

It's really good, as is the Avalanche snow foam they sell.

ced1ba1a9bd83f3b751c77514aa8e6a2.jpg

f68f3fca30f953dcb262b4478eafc78a.jpg

It adds an extra step to your wash, but it's also a lot of fun :yes:

Agree with Tim. It helps remove the loose dirt from the paint before you contact wash with a mitt. Also turns heads also 🤣

Clean your car.com sell a good quality one for £30, you can pick what adaptor you need for your pressure washer. 

Bilt hamber do a good snowfoam which is around £16 for 5 litres. To me that's a bargain for how much your getting plus it will last just about forever. 

Before I buy a snow lance and snow foam are there any "do's" and "don'ts" about using a pressure washer on my car.

I have a Karcher in my garage and thought that i would try it out on my car but get some advice first.

I don't want the Karcher to damage the paintwork but guess the water pressure is not high enough.

Which karcher do you have? I've been cleaning my car for almost 2 years now using a karcher which my dad has and no problem with it. I don't think they are powerful enough to strip paint. With mine I still am able to see some dirt on the paint which shows its not powerful. 

Don'ts I could say is don't have the hose right up to the paint when spraying and possibly keep it at an angle when spraying on the paint. Also keep moving the spray and don't keep it in one place. 

You need between 1200 and 1900 psi for cars. That's why the K2 is no good - not powerful enough...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk