Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium (Manual) Imobiliser System

Goldilocks

I am not very technical with respect to cars and so please bear with me.

How do I set the imobiliser on my Ford Titanium 2014 plate?

Once I have double pressed the electronic key fob and the lights on the car flash is that it is the car imobilised?

Does the imobiliser disengage the engine if someone tries to break into the vehicle - How does it work in simple terms?

Thank you in advance for any helpful well meaning replies.

Edit:- Does the imobiliser disengage the engine if someone tries to break into the vehicle or just set off an alarm - How does it work in simple terms?

The immobiliser is active all the time regardless of the car being locked or unlocked.  It is only deactivated when the correct key fob is placed in the ignition barrel.*

The immobiliser simply stops the engine from being started without the correct key fob present.

*If you have a keyless ignition, the immobiliser is deactivated by the kryfob being inside the car.  However, modern thieves are able to bypass this without too much difficulty which is why keyless cars are being targeted by thieves recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate your reponse TomsFocus - Thank you.

When I press my key fob to lock the car and the lights flash a couple of times is that alarming the car in some other way and is it different from the imobiliser?

2 minutes ago, Goldilocks said:

When I press my key fob to lock the car and the lights flash a couple of times is that alarming the car in some other way and is it different from the imobiliser?

The double flash is just the door locks moving to a position that can not be unlocked manually from inside the car. So even with a window broken, it will still not be possible to open the door without a key.

The immobiliser is built into the ECU and other electronic modules, and is almost entirely separate. It stops the engine from being started without a valid key that contains the correctly coded immobilser part. It should activate a few seconds after removing the ignition key, or after taking the keyless "key" away from the vehicle.

So the locks, alarm and remote control help prevent stuff being nicked from the car, though only if the car is in a public place. The immobiliser prevents the car from being driven away by a thief. But they could easily steal the car if they had a breakdown truck or car trailer. No security measures are perfect!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club