Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR Top bolts

OP123

Hi all

Over the weekend, I cleaned out my EGR and inlet manifold on my '54 CDTi. That went generally OK, but I was a bit stupid and forceful with the bolts that secure the EGR to the inlet manifold, and stripped the heads. Ended up having to hammer and chisel them round, which was not fun or easy on the back one!

While they are still relatively loose, I'd like to change them so I don't have issues later on - does anyone know what these bolts are, or better still, be able to provide a link to them? I've had a look on everyone's favourite auction site and found some that LOOK right, but wanted to check with people more knowledgeable than myself first.

Thanks!

On 2/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, OP123 said:

Hi all

Over the weekend, I cleaned out my EGR and inlet manifold on my '54 CDTi. That went generally OK, but I was a bit stupid and forceful with the bolts that secure the EGR to the inlet manifold, and stripped the heads. Ended up having to hammer and chisel them round, which was not fun or easy on the back one!

While they are still relatively loose, I'd like to change them so I don't have issues later on - does anyone know what these bolts are, or better still, be able to provide a link to them? I've had a look on everyone's favourite auction site and found some that LOOK right, but wanted to check with people more knowledgeable than myself first.

Thanks!

Specifically, which engine is it?

I rounded the head off an exhaust bolt (it wasnt even tight, I got it off with a tiny pair of stilsons!). I gave in finding the same bolt so drilled and tapped them all to the closest ISO Metric Coarse thread that I use day in day out at work. I now know I have the right tap to use next time the threads feel a bit crappy and bolts are ridiculously easy to come by.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club