Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car moves strange around corners

dylanbatt74

Hello,

New so forgive me if this is in wrong place

I have recently purchased a Focus 1.8 TDCi 2008 Mk2 facelift

I have a strage thing happening, the car feels like it lurches in corners at rear, if iam going over hill and corner feels like it jumps sideways  on road ?

is this what they call bump steering?

Im unsure what cound cause this, im thinking rear shockers or  roll bar ?

Any help would be greatly appriciated

On 2/25/2019 at 5:31 PM, dylanbatt74 said:

Hello,

New so forgive me if this is in wrong place

I have recently purchased a Focus 1.8 TDCi 2008 Mk2 facelift

I have a strage thing happening, the car feels like it lurches in corners at rear, if iam going over hill and corner feels like it jumps sideways  on road ?

is this what they call bump steering?

Im unsure what cound cause this, im thinking rear shockers or  roll bar ?

Any help would be greatly appriciated

There are a number of suspension items that could be at fault, the MK2 Focus handles nicely even when pushed so if the rear doesn't feel right then it's likely that something is worn.  It could be anything from a shock through to the rear trailing arm bushes, or anything in between.  For something like this, you might find that you end up having to take it to a garage so they can get it up in the air and start pulling/poking stuff etc.

There's nothing stopping you having a quick look underneath the rear as it could be something as simple as the drop links.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, ive noticed some bounce over bumps in general so going to stick some rear shockers on and see if any change, prob have a good look round while im there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New shockers fitted and drives like a dream, thanks Guys

• Like 3

On 3/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, dylanbatt74 said:

New shockers fitted and drives like a dream, thanks Guys

And that's exactly what a Focus should drive like! :driving:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:05 PM, 1979Damian said:

And that's exactly what a Focus should drive like! :driving:

Apart from the other little issues, got to say I am loving driving this, now its so smooth, and comfortable, defiantly see this being the first of many, granted its a 2008 but i would love to be in a new one someday, Fingers crossed, Again thank you guys, i'm loving this community already, you have been so helpful and put some good cases / ideas forward that has pointed me in the right direction 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanbatt74 said:

Apart from the other little issues, got to say I am loving driving this, now its so smooth, and comfortable, defiantly see this being the first of many, granted its a 2008 but i would love to be in a new one someday, Fingers crossed, Again thank you guys, i'm loving this community already, you have been so helpful and put some good cases / ideas forward that has pointed me in the right direction 😃

Although the MK3 is a little more refined, in terms of agility/steering feedback I'd take the MK2 everytime.

(Unless I could have a MK3.5 ST-3 TDCi in "ASBO Orange") :w00t:

For Fiestas and Focus in particular, this forum is great, lots of friendly AND knowledgeable people that are happy to help out, rather different to sites like Piston Head which resembles a school playground but with adults doing the fighting! :rifle:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club