Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

warning to everyone about kids and youtube

presleymk4

hey everyone just a lil heads up that some sickos are now using kids youtube videos to scare and cause alot of problems, im looking into right now but its sumfin called momo were they tell them to do dangerous dares thru the videos and it says they will hurt them but heres a pic of the warning notice just wanna get it out there 

3FF43582-534F-43EA-B292-4D3C5000B69D.jpeg

• Like 2

yhhhh i just read that it said gta 5 and minecraft and stuff, just dont understand why they do this sick stuff to harm innocent kids, my boy likes youtube but i aint let him on it since hes been at mine and told his mum not to let him either but tbh hes been occupied at my garage and playing to point he hasnt even asked 

This is really scary stuff, was brought to my attention last week. It has infiltrated kids YouTube and also the adults ‘normal’ YouTube. 

The MOMO challenge sounds awful, tells kids that they should stab people and then kill themselves apparently. It also says that if they tell anyone about it then their families will be harmed.

my daughter WAS allowed to watch 30mins of kids YouTube a day, she used to watch the videos of play doh and opening surprise eggs. We would put it on the big TV for her and we would sit with her. Not any more though, it’s now banned.

a lot of TVs and skyQ boxes have YouTube built in now so be careful.

thanks for posting this, the more awareness the better.

4789B7A7-3419-4342-B10E-2E16BC30F553.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Or on the other hand it COULD just be a hoax/urban myth being hyped up by the press to sell newspapers 🤔

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/momo-challenge-game-deaths-suicide-moral-panic/amp/

I have to admit I don't get scared easily but that doll actually looks scary. If it makes me scared I'd wonder how kids would think. 

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

I have to admit I don't get scared easily but that doll actually looks scary. If it makes me scared I'd wonder how kids would think. 

It is a model designed by Link Factory (Japan). Think for some kind of Anime.

I'm in two minds whether it's real or just a hoax being perpetrated by people sharing it on Facebook and other social media. Although plausible it is being used by nefarious folks online, and it is possible people have bought these adverts to show during the middle of youtube videos (The ONLY way for it to appear in the middle of youtube videos without being embedded in the actual content), it's probably unlikely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zain611 said:

i saw the doll and tbh i was freaked out bigtime all i fort was... sod that lol 

9 hours ago, Turvey said:

Or on the other hand it COULD just be a hoax/urban myth being hyped up by the press to sell newspapers 🤔

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/opinion/momo-challenge-game-deaths-suicide-moral-panic/amp/

if its a hoax that is disgusting tbh to bring kids into it and make parents nervous, i read that it started as some wattsapp thing and the person was called momo with that picture and wud send u dares and if u said no they threatened to use ur private info against u but tbh i dont understand it all 

12 minutes ago, presleymk4 said:

i read that it started as some wattsapp thing and the person was called momo with that picture and wud send u dares and if u said no they threatened to use ur private info against u but tbh i dont understand it all 

Yep, i was told that too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, presleymk4 said:

if its a hoax that is disgusting tbh to bring kids into it and make parents nervous, i read that it started as some wattsapp thing and the person was called momo with that picture and wud send u dares and if u said no they threatened to use ur private info against u but tbh i dont understand it all 

I'm not suggesting it's a hoax deliberately started to get parents worried, I'm more of the thinking it's a story that's grown 'arms and legs' as we say up here (and possibly elsewhere) 

For instance, here we are, grown adults discussing 'scary' faces on a motoring forum! 

With the advent of social media stories like this, dare I say it, "Fake News" spread like wildfire without any evidence of proof. 

Not taking away the fact that we should all be aware of the dangers on the internet. 

Funnily enough my mum and sister were just talking about this. We all start to look at the younger kids in the family who are always on the ipad. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club