Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 F8 maps update

Comares2001

For anyone else who's been trying without success to download the latest F8 map update I just got this reply from Ford to an enquiry I made.

Good Morning, 

We are sorry to hear of your concerns and the issues encountered; however, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us direct with your comments, and apologise for the delayed response.

We are aware of issues experienced with the update facility, and our Technical team are working to resolve these concerns as quickly as able; to ensure the facility is functioning correctly, and the relevant tools are available as necessary.

We are expecting the next update to be released shortly, to provide both update for our vehicles and to address concerns that have been raised; therefore, we would recommend awaiting the latest update before reattempting. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact your local Ford Dealership for assistance with completing the update on your behalf, if you would prefer but this may incur a charge for labour.

Unfortunately, we do not have a confirmed date of release; but we would recommend you liaise with your local Ford Dealership for development, as they will be updated first as soon as the latest update is made available.

We do apologise for the inconvenience experienced, but appreciate you taking the time to bring this information to our attention; should you require assistance with another matter in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us direct on either 0203 564 4444 or UKCRC1@FORD.COM.

Kind regards,

Beth Thomas 

Ford Customer Relationship Centre 

This is crazy....if they are aware of a problem why let the download process run for over 4 hrs then fail....or is that only happening to me?

Ive had exactly the same thing happen to me today too, so dont worry, it isnt just you.

Just to add . In my case when it doesn't hang there for ages it instantly downloads 2 files containing 56KBts of nothing

• 1 month later...

Good evening.

I can report that Sync 3 Maps version F8 successfully installed on my Ford Fiesta 1.0 litre EcoBoost Zetec vehicle.

This was achieved on a long (2 hour) journey, with a break after 45 minutes, to perform the key cycle. A further 45 minutes were required to complete the second stage of the update.

I'm not sure how the update can be performed if you don't run the engine for the entire procedure!

Perhaps someone could enlighten us?

This is a tricky procedure if you are not tech savvy and maybe Ford main dealers have the facility to assist owners with these updates?

Good Luck!

Richard T

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club