Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear number plate plugs

sonic113

Went to change my rear plate and the old one was screws in and rusted. With a bit of force I got it off but the whole plug seems to have come out as well.

I got one screw frees from the plug but the other is too far gone. 

Does anyone have a link or a part number for these? They seem to be hex shapes and push fit into the boot lid through their hex holes.IMAG1686.thumb.jpg.6994bc3c7a49c0b68f262c7680f0d318.jpg

I got a few sticky pads from local factors to stick the plate on for the meantime.

Thanks.

IMAG1687.jpg

if it was me I would use standard plastic number plate screws with the plastic nuts on the other side of the panel. Of course than means taking the boot lid trim off the inside.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, isetta said:

if it was me I would use standard plastic number plate screws with the plastic nuts on the other side of the panel. Of course than means taking the boot lid trim off the inside.

Had trim off this morning. Its very tight  in behind the trim to get at stuff. The sticky pads seem to be doing the job ,I give it all a good clean and stuck them on. If they ever do come off I will look into the plastics screws and nuts.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, sonic113 said:

Had trim off this morning. Its very tight  in behind the trim to get at stuff. The sticky pads seem to be doing the job ,I give it all a good clean and stuck them on. If they ever do come off I will look into the plastics screws and nuts.

Thanks.

Sticky pads have held my number plates on my GT4 for 15 years, however, on my Focus, they held up for 2 x weeks before peeling off. Maybe they just don't make 'em like they use to LOL On the Focus, just ended up using 2 x self tappers with the yellow plastic screw cover, look fine and I know they'll not drop off.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 2/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, isetta said:

I have the same problem. The boot lid is double skinned where the bolts go making it virtually impossible to reach in to put the nut on. It may be possible with a long pair of long nosed pliers but it still won't be easy due to the limited opening.

Euro car parts only seem to do the bolts and nuts so looks like I will have to try a Ford main dealers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club