Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best remap for 1.0Ecoboost 100bhp

BJT

I’m looking to get a remap for my 1.0 ecoboost 100hp which would be the best one to get and what hp gain is recommended for a car with no extra performance parts. I have seen at superchips (140hp) and revo(160hp) . I also drive around 140 miles a day so reliability is a must.

Thanks

I have had Bluefin on my 1.0 125ps for over  a year now, it's been excellent! 

• Like 1

So seen this asked a fair bit recently, and while remapping cars is always a fun shout, unless you've got a turbo, you're not getting as much out of a remap (In a generalized sense). And I'm not a massive fan of the whole "Superchips" or "Ooooo Stage 1,2,3 kit" (Personal opinion). But what I do know is that although they quote those figures, it's only what you *could* get. Personally I looked locally and went for a recommended custom map, so I'm running 230bhp on an almost stock ST.

I do 110~ miles a day, and it is a slog, so managing 140 must take it's toll on you too (I'm hoping it's mostly motorway, right?) you might not also get the best efficiency for the car (Of course not a major concern) but when I got mine on the dyno, I was told that the revo map it previously had was chugging down fuel when it didn't need to. (Only a loss of 4-5mpg). 

Just got to read reviews and decide if it's worth it for you. I would say that the 50~bhp gain is very noticeable, and I've had a ton of fun with it, so I'd like to think you would too. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, craig26283 said:

I have had Bluefin on my 1.0 125ps for over  a year now, it's been excellent! 

That good to hear have you got any further modifications on your car or just the remap?

On 2/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, I'mAnExpertTrustMe said:

So seen this asked a fair bit recently, and while remapping cars is always a fun shout, unless you've got a turbo, you're not getting as much out of a remap (In a generalized sense). And I'm not a massive fan of the whole "Superchips" or "Ooooo Stage 1,2,3 kit" (Personal opinion). But what I do know is that although they quote those figures, it's only what you *could* get. Personally I looked locally and went for a recommended custom map, so I'm running 230bhp on an almost stock ST.

I do 110~ miles a day, and it is a slog, so managing 140 must take it's toll on you too (I'm hoping it's mostly motorway, right?) you might not also get the best efficiency for the car (Of course not a major concern) but when I got mine on the dyno, I was told that the revo map it previously had was chugging down fuel when it didn't need to. (Only a loss of 4-5mpg). 

Just got to read reviews and decide if it's worth it for you. I would say that the 50~bhp gain is very noticeable, and I've had a ton of fun with it, so I'd like to think you would too. 

Good to hear yes the distance is long and can be tiresome but I enjoy it (which sounds strange) but that’s why I’d like the remap just for a bit more acceleration 100hp can struggle sometimes but yes it has got a turbo and as you said 50hp will be noticeable especially as it is a light car. Mine you I met that 230hp sends you down the road pretty quickly. 

I've got bluefin on my focus 1.0 ecoboost 100. Been on for 4.5 years and car now on 71k . No issues.

Oh my bad, didn't realise it had a turbo! I'd say go for it. You will love the additional boost you get, plus as long as you're reasonable, most companies are willing to help if you do get any issues after the remap, but I rarely hear any horror stories. I get what you mean about the drive, I enjoy it too unless Ol' Dorothy is sat in the 3rd lane doing 65. 

Not saying it'll happen to you, but just be careful when it comes to overtaking on smaller roads. I went from a 2003 clio (65~bhp on a good day) to the ST which was roughly 200~bhp at the time. To overtake in the Clio, I used to put my foot down, check blind spot, then pullout. As the time taken to speed up was a fair few seconds. First time I went to overtake in the ST I put my foot down and realised I was rapidly approaching imminent danger. I hope the jump to around 150 works out well for you. 

On 2/28/2019 at 9:44 PM, BJT said:

That good to hear have you got any further modifications on your car or just the remap?

Just the K&N filter which came as a freebie with the Bluefin. 

Nothing else yet, might get a larger intercooler at some point, will see! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:29 AM, I'mAnExpertTrustMe said:

Oh my bad, didn't realise it had a turbo! I'd say go for it. You will love the additional boost you get, plus as long as you're reasonable, most companies are willing to help if you do get any issues after the remap, but I rarely hear any horror stories. I get what you mean about the drive, I enjoy it too unless Ol' Dorothy is sat in the 3rd lane doing 65. 

Not saying it'll happen to you, but just be careful when it comes to overtaking on smaller roads. I went from a 2003 clio (65~bhp on a good day) to the ST which was roughly 200~bhp at the time. To overtake in the Clio, I used to put my foot down, check blind spot, then pullout. As the time taken to speed up was a fair few seconds. First time I went to overtake in the ST I put my foot down and realised I was rapidly approaching imminent danger. I hope the jump to around 150 works out well for you. 

Trust me middle lane hoggers are the worst 

I will take that I to account when overtaking but yes it should feel pretty quick especially that it doesn’t weigh too much

On 2/28/2019 at 10:04 PM, iantt said:

I've got bluefin on my focus 1.0 ecoboost 100. Been on for 4.5 years and car now on 71k . No issues.

That’s good to hear I can’t remember does the focus have the 5 or 6 speed gearbox 

22 minutes ago, BJT said:

That’s good to hear I can’t remember does the focus have the 5 or 6 speed gearbox 

5 speed on 100ps, 6 speed on 125/140ps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

5 speed on 100ps, 6 speed on 125/140ps.

Good to know Thanks

On 3/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, craig26283 said:

Just the K&N filter which came as a freebie with the Bluefin. 

Nothing else yet, might get a larger intercooler at some point, will see! 

Ok Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club