Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2013 alarm / red warning / orange interior lock light

Cr2013

Hello. We have a Focus 2013.

Last night, the alarm went off, numerous times. We looked out the window initially, and didn't think it was our car, as there were no warning lights flashing. 

After the 2nd time, we decided if must be ours and at 3am my husband went out to check all doors etc were shut. 

We've now noticed that there is a red warning light flashing when the car is locked, on the dash between the fuel gauge and temperature gauge. I've also noticed now that the Orange interior lock light is on permanently. 

Does anyone have any ideas what the warning light could be and why the orange light is still on? 

Thank you! 

That's what I've read, they've never been on before. The manual says it's an Information message, but one we unlock the car, it's goes away, so we can't access the information message, as the Red warning light isn't illuminated then. It's most odd

All normal. The little orange light illuminates when the doors are locked. The red ! flashes when the alarm is set (just like the flashing red LED on older cars). I didn't notice them for months because I lock the car as I walk away from it.

• Like 1

I remember first time I seen the red flashing light too. Think I had car for a month or so before seeing it then was convinced it didn't do it before. I think as above it was because I simply normally walked away from it.

The orange door light will go out after a certain period of time when the car shuts down certain electronics.

Was it definitely your car?

I know some of the alarm sounders on older cars can go a bit screwy as the internal batteries die - but a 2013 car I wouldn't really expect to be doing that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club