Do Not Sell My Personal Information

global windows with auto-relock

gg1234635

Hi All
I came across this one today and thought it was very odd and wonder if anyone else has the same issue.  I found another guy in the uk who has the same problem and even he was surprised by it.

The issue is, use the keyfob to do a global unlock of car and global open windows which works well and everything but if you do not open a car door the car auto relocks itself after 45 seconds. This is where it comes interesting the windows stay open.  I only found this out as my neighbour was talking to me and the car auto locked and the windows stayed open and he asked should it do that and i went no idea.

Its a ford mondeo Mk5 2016

Anyone know why the windows stay open? and how do i get them to close when the auto relock kicks in?

On 2/27/2019 at 12:22 AM, gg1234635 said:

Hi All
I came across this one today and thought it was very odd and wonder if anyone else has the same issue.  I found another guy in the uk who has the same problem and even he was surprised by it.

The issue is, use the keyfob to do a global unlock of car and global open windows which works well and everything but if you do not open a car door the car auto relocks itself after 45 seconds. This is where it comes interesting the windows stay open.  I only found this out as my neighbour was talking to me and the car auto locked and the windows stayed open and he asked should it do that and i went no idea.

Its a ford mondeo Mk5 2016

Anyone know why the windows stay open? and how do i get them to close when the auto relock kicks in?

My MK2 Focus also does this, as far as I'm aware this behaviour is by design and I suspect it can't easily be changed.

Turn the feature off in you settings

cant see the reason for it myself

After a number of emails back and forth with ford customer services i received the following

"When reviewing the information provided, we have been informed that your vehicle is functioning to design intent and that the windows would remain open until ordered differently; therefore, the auto-relocking of the vehicle would not influence this, and would require the vehicle to be unlocked and then windows closed either in the vehicle or via the keyfob. "

I can see the good and bad in it. But you can just see it now.  My car got broken into coz the car auto locked and left the windows open and am i still covered under my insurance?????

Im just going to be more careful but they have agreed to pass it onto the development team to look into further. another words they dont have that options and it might come in further version of software/hardware but unlikely lol

The auto relock is more if you accidentally unlock the car (such as if your keys hit something in your pocket). Its much harder to accidentally activate the global opening (I struggle to do it purposefully sometimes lol).

I wouldnt say that its needed that the windows to automatically go back up as surely the driver would know they put them down?. Its not often I open my car, walk off, and dont return within a few minutes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club