Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Front Washers Not Working

MikeM1988

I have a mk 7 fiesta zetec s. Recently the front washers have stopped working, the rear ones are still working fine.  When I push the button on the stalk for the front washers there’s no noise or wiper movement, however the back washers still work as they should.

I’ve ran service mode on start up which gives off a signal by sound when pressing a switch, however there’s no sound when pressing the front washers. This leads me to think it’s an issue with the stalk.  However, when operating the back washers (pulling the stalk towards me), if I press the button for the front washers it stop’s the back ones, showing that the button is working?!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Do I need a new washer pump or stalk?! 

Could the fuse have blown? Be worth pulling it to check or replace?

17 hours ago, Nismex said:

Could the fuse have blown? Be worth pulling it to check or replace?

No ive checked the fuse, it’s fine. It’s definitely either the pump or the stalk. I was wondering if anyone else had come across the same fault?

The same pump works both the front and rear washers, just spins the opposite way for each. Mine’s only spinning the one way.

Hi mike, if the fuse has not blown and the rear wiper is working fine it sounds like the issue is coming from the pump especially if you can’t hear it making that whining noise when you press the button on the stalk. 

• 3 years later...

Hi @MikeM1988

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  We've got a 2016 Fiesta doing the same thing.  We've switched the pipes over to wash the front screen with the rear switch for the moment but it isn't ideal.

Thanks

Rich

2 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

Hi @MikeM1988

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

You're in for a very long wait if you are expecting a reply from Mike. He last visited the forum 6th June 2019

Perfectly happy to hear from anyone else who has the same issue 😁

The operation of the screen wash pump is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM). It is very unlikely that your 2016 model will have the same fault as the OP's 2012. On older models there are often problems with corrosion of the connectors that plug in to the BCM, but I wouldn't expect that on your car.

Can you hear the pump run when you press for the front screen ? Do the wipers operate at the same time ?

• Like 1

@unofix Thanks for your reply.

The wipers weren't operating when the button was pressed either.  Just found out today that my friend's fixed it by changing the stalk.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club