Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 8 Spare Wheel

SimonRich

Hi. New to club,  has anyone replaced the puncture repair goo with a space saver spare wheel and if so can you supply a photo of how it fits and is screwed down thanks, I’m not happy using the goo as it always necessitates a new tyre and can’t always keep you going if damage too much.

I have the Mk 8 with the sub - so no space for a spare - but I ordered a space saver when I ordered the car, it sits between the boot floor and the false floor, its tight (which stops it moving) and you lose a lot of boot space.

I too have the MK8 with the sub and have the full size spare that was the option on the Fiesta. It sits in the boot but does take up quite a bit of space but enough to fit a suitcase and a half and smaller bags if necessary. 

I have the factory spare wheel which fits in the well below the boot floor, secured by the usual clamp bolt which screws into the thread in the wheel well.The tool kit sits in the dish of the wheel. This does not intrude into normal boot capacity

Can't do a pic at the mo unfortunately as the car is in for its annual check today, but there are lots of these advertised on amazon and eBay with pictures which would give you the idea, or someone else maybe able to oblige with a shot of their car.

I think on the Ford parts website you can find the full spare wheel kit with all the stuff required. You could probably buy each part individually off eBay etc cheaper as I think the website will tell you the part numbers too. I’ll throw the link in here a bit later on. 

51 minutes ago, jamkart said:

This is the space saver spare wheel and Jack:

20180704_202724.jpg

What size is your tyre please? I have added a space saver spare which is supposed to be the correct size, but I'm sure it sits higher in the well than that (meaning that the floor doesn't quite lie flush on top of the tool kit).

59 minutes ago, Jonson said:

What size is your tyre please? I have added a space saver spare which is supposed to be the correct size, but I'm sure it sits higher in the well than that (meaning that the floor doesn't quite lie flush on top of the tool kit).

This is a close up of the tyre size:

20180704_202741.jpg

4 minutes ago, jamkart said:

This is a close up of the tyre size:

20180704_202741.jpg

Mines a 175/65 R14 so it must depend on the size of the tyres fitted to you car

11 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Mines a 175/65 R14 so it must depend on the size of the tyres fitted to you car

Same here, running the 175/65 R14 too. Stock size for mine is 205/45 R17

My regular tyres are 205/40 R18 so I guess the space saver is sized to suit my larger tyre size.

1 hour ago, jamkart said:

My regular tyres are 205/40 R18 so I guess the space saver is sized to suit my larger tyre size.

My car came with the 18"s from factory and the spare wheel is a 14" with a 175/65 R14 tyre

TLlKDk0.jpg

Tiexen, DG97, jamkart , robbyvrs. Thanks yours are full sized spare wheels,  the space saver is 125/80/15 for all Fiesta’s and is much thinner than normal tyre

thanks for reply guys

D7FBB9D3-84EA-4331-8E27-531628670346.thumb.png.dae22447b90eb43868e13e0c7ee34574.png

2 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

My car came with the 18"s from factory and the spare wheel is a 14" with a 175/65 R14 tyre

TLlKDk0.jpg

hi robbyvrs,

What is in the compartment with the plastic bag, as on my spare that compartment is empty and I have always wondered if something is missing?

22 hours ago, jamkart said:

hi robbyvrs,

What is in the compartment with the plastic bag, as on my spare that compartment is empty and I have always wondered if something is missing?

The foam holder has the towing hook, locking nut (in bag) and the white thing is in case you need to add fuel from a can, etc as it acts as a funnel to open the flap in the tank opening - even if the car came without a spare this should have been supplied from factory

48 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

The foam holder has the towing hook, locking nut (in bag) and the white thing is in case you need to add fuel from a can, etc as it acts as a funnel to open the flap in the tank opening - even if the car came without a spare this should have been supplied from factory

Thanks for your reply.  That explains that its the locking nut, which the dealer must have transferred to the glove box, hence the empty space in my spare wheel compartment.

having the wheel nut adaptor in a standard place seems nuts to me as it makes it easier for someone to steal the wheels (although I assume wheel theft is not as bad now as most cars have alloys wheels - although mine has not). In my Mk6.5 fiesta I had the wheel nut adaptor buried into the underside of polystyrene block. Not impossible to find there but still fairly unlikely it would be spotted.

The photo was from the dealers before i picked the car up - locking nut has since been hidden 🙂

• 9 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 6:34 PM, robbyvrs said:

TLlKDk0.jpg

mine came with the same spare wheel size , but my main tyre size is 195/60 R15 , so If I bought a full size spare wheel with same size as my main tyres , will it fit in the well ? note that I don't have a false floor, so will it fit and the boot floor will not be disturbed ?

On 2/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I have the factory spare wheel which fits in the well below the boot floor, secured by the usual clamp bolt which screws into the thread in the wheel well.The tool kit sits in the dish of the wheel. This does not intrude into normal boot capacity

I opted for the factory Space saver spare on my Fiesta ST-Line X. I'm not sure what size the tyre is but the insert that sits on top of the wheel does create a hump in the boot i.e the mat does not sit flat by about 3 cm. Not a major issue but looks a bit strange. I did take the wheel out and reseated it just in case it wasn't fitted correctly but it's still the same.

On 2/28/2019 at 5:17 PM, SimonRich said:

Tiexen, DG97, jamkart , robbyvrs. Thanks yours are full sized spare wheels,  the space saver is 125/80/15 for all Fiesta’s and is much thinner than normal tyre

thanks for reply guys

D7FBB9D3-84EA-4331-8E27-531628670346.thumb.png.dae22447b90eb43868e13e0c7ee34574.png

The rolling diameter looks different to, the reason I mentioned I bought a space saver off eBay and the diameter is smaller, so thought it might be the wrong tyre so haven,t put it in the boot.

17 hours ago, Blatto said:

I opted for the factory Space saver spare on my Fiesta ST-Line X. I'm not sure what size the tyre is but the insert that sits on top of the wheel does create a hump in the boot i.e the mat does not sit flat by about 3 cm. Not a major issue but looks a bit strange. I did take the wheel out and reseated it just in case it wasn't fitted correctly but it's still the same.

Same here - I can't work out why it doesn't fit. Looks like loads of depth in the red car photo above...

• 1 year later...

Can anybody help please , I want to get a space saver spare for a fiesta vignale,  don't like this gunge stuff. I have space for one in the boot well, but not a full size. My tyres 205/45R 17 , is a space saver ok? Tried a local dealer but says he needs part number .....anyone know?

On 2/28/2019 at 5:17 PM, SimonRich said:

the space saver is 125/80/15 for all Fiesta’s and is much thinner than normal tyre

There is only one spare/space saver wheel/tyre available for the Fiesta. It does not matter what size or type your normal wheels are, just remember that the space saver is for emergency use only (Maximum speed 50MPH).

Of course don't forget you will need a jack and wheel brace, not to mention the bits of foam to pack it all in. I would look online for breakers and scrapyards.

4 hours ago, neneboy said:

Can anybody help please , I want to get a space saver spare for a fiesta vignale,  don't like this gunge stuff. I have space for one in the boot well, but not a full size. My tyres 205/45R 17 , is a space saver ok? Tried a local dealer but says he needs part number .....anyone know?

Thanks unofix , had to have a tyre with a nail in it close to the shoulder, replaced last week and the guy at the shop  said to make sure that a space saver didn't impede the brake calipers as it would be much smaller. Is this still OK?  Will try anything to avoid having to use the gunge. Thanks. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club