Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK 8 Spare Wheel

SimonRich

The space saver wheel for the Fiesta is 'universal' the only one that it may not be suitable for would possibly be the ST as it may have larger calipers (I don't know).

See for example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENIUINE-FORD-FIESTA-MK7-MK8-2008-2017-SPACE-SAVER-15-SPARE-WHEEL-JACK-KIT-/162369108688?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=EAIaIQobChMIj6GIjoXm8QIVJACiAx35hwMkEAQYAyABEgLF0fD_BwE

It should be easy to find a spare as they are all the same (apart from ST) and haven't changed for at least 15 years. They all have the same tyre 175/65 14 on a steel wheel. The one from my Brothers 2006 Mk6 fits my 2018 Mk8. The ST had bigger front brakes, so used a 15 inch wheel with a skinny (space-saver) tyre (see link above). The only trouble I have is the spare is shorter than standard 17 inch low profile wheel/tyres. However it is only to be used to get puncture/tyre fixed/replaced. 50mph/80kph max speed.

If you buy one with a jack (or one separately), you may the scissor (diamond shaped) type to get under the sills, the older type does not fit under mine, but the ST-line models might have lower (Sporty) sills than your model. The standard suspension may be lowered too.

I must admit I still prefer a spare wheel/tyre of any sort rather than relying on compressor and goo.

16 hours ago, neneboy said:

Can anybody help please , I want to get a space saver spare for a fiesta vignale,  don't like this gunge stuff. I have space for one in the boot well, but not a full size. My tyres 205/45R 17 , is a space saver ok? Tried a local dealer but says he needs part number .....anyone know?

Regarding jacks, as you have a Vignale then you'll be fine with the same type that I have - the eBay link above from Unofix will suit you perfectly.

20210612_120042.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Regarding jacks, as you have a Vignale then you'll be fine with the same type that I have - the ebay link above from Unofix will suit you perfectly.

20210612_120042.jpg

Thanks to you all for your help, looked one up on the wheelshop website,  they have one Inc. tools for £64.95 including delivery,  so I will order one from them , it should fit in the space in the boot where the polystyrene thing is with the gunge.

20210608_162251.jpg

4 hours ago, neneboy said:

Thanks to you all for your help, looked one up on the wheelshop website,  they have one Inc. tools for £64.95 including delivery,  so I will order one from them , it should fit in the space in the boot where the polystyrene thing is with the gunge.

20210608_162251.jpg

Have you still got the link for it? I was quoted over well £100 for jack, tools, clamp and polystyrine bit etc by the main Stealer.  I currently use an old jack from a previous car, but would prefer the proper Ford one.

On 7/16/2021 at 2:57 PM, neneboy said:

, it should fit in the space in the boot where the polystyrene thing is with the gunge.

My space saver rests face down held by a simple home made clamp, and then in and around it I carry the jack and brace, a small foot pump, tow rope, towing eye, jump leads, a small first aid pouch, rubber gloves, a few simple hand tools and some bungee cords...all comfortably under the boot floor!

(...and I'll be a happy man if I never need a single item from under there. The peace of mind is worth any small weight penalty.)

20210618_141817.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Howdy all

Newbie here 🙂 I recently bought a spare wheel kit for my Fiesta ST line X. The new spare is a 14 inch wheel 175/65/14 and fits ok.

Question is when I put the wheel nuts on and tighten them up they stick out a lot is this normal? Doesn't look right to me just checking it's safe. I have attached a picture.

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_2024-01-04-12-52-44-770_com.miui.gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, Geddy Lee said:

Question is when I put the wheel nuts on and tighten them up they stick out a lot is this normal? Doesn't look right to me just checking it's safe. I have attached a picture.

Hi Rich,

While strictly speaking alloy wheel nuts should not be used with steels, it is permissible to use them on an emergency steel wheel for a short time only.

Previous thread on this topic goes into more detail:

Quote from the online owners manual:

"Note:   The lug nuts of alloy wheels and spoked steel wheels can also be used for the steel spare wheel for a short time (maximum two weeks).
Note:   Make sure that the cones on the lug nuts are against the wheel."
Edited by Eric Bloodaxe
Extra paragraph
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Hi Rich,

While strictly speaking alloy wheel nuts should not be used with steels, it is permissible to use them on an emergency steel wheel for a short time only.

Previous thread on this topic goes into more detail:

Quote from the online owners manual:

"Note:   The lug nuts of alloy wheels and spoked steel wheels can also be used for the steel spare wheel for a short time (maximum two weeks).
Note:   Make sure that the cones on the lug nuts are against the wheel."

Thanks Roger much appreciated, makes sense now. I'll only be using them in an emergency so good to know its safe to do so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club