Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Fiesta Radio upgrade?

Tenko

Hey all, I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec TDCI 3Dr, I'm looking to upgrade the radio to something a bit more modern with DAB/Bluetooth if possible and was wondering if anyone else had any info as to what I can buy and where to buy it, any help/info given is much appreciated.

Thanks in adavnce.

Tenko

You can retrofit the ford/Sony DAB plenty (including me) on this forum have successfully done it.

53bfea6e59ec02b596fbd992c29153b9.jpg

• Like 2

Hey, do you happen to have a link to the guide to this procedure on this site? 

Thanks

Not sure if there’s a guide as such in here but I can help you source all the parts you need and help guide you to fit them

It's a pretty easy swap once you have all the right bits :) 

I’d be interested in this too!

You need to check the rear of your unit to see what connectors are on the back

Hi all, I tried to be clever and bought the satnav hu and screen, only to find it didn't fit. 😳

Need to do some mods to get the screen in, and there are several connectors on the screen without feeds so need a another loom as well by the looks of it.

Sorry to hijack the thread but if anybody has any ideas on the connections, it would be be very much appreciated.

I’ve never did the sat nav so can only really advise on the fitting of all the DAB bits, I’m sure there’s a separate antenna for the nav, you will need to fit DAB aerial loom (if your original HU didn’t have it) you will need to make sure the HU connectors match the plugs on your cars existing harness

Original hu is the dab version and the plugs all match. The screen however is a different animal. The main harness appears fine but there are 4 other sockets on the screen unit (1 of which is the blue GPS connector which I can buy as an aftermarket module) There is also a black, red and square green socket that don't have any wiring connections in the car. Feel like a right tool 🤣

You need the original adapter (you should brought with the radio, seller should not remove it, or wait for other deal), but ask Ford for that part.

And this adaptor uses 4 screws, instead of 2, buy 2 more from Ford (is what i did)

Pictures take from eBay, this is what you need.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

On 3/3/2019 at 5:35 AM, Adywayne said:

Original hu is the dab version and the plugs all match. The screen however is a different animal. The main harness appears fine but there are 4 other sockets on the screen unit (1 of which is the blue GPS connector which I can buy as an aftermarket module) There is also a black, red and square green socket that don't have any wiring connections in the car. Feel like a right tool 🤣

The green port is the Fakra camera connector, the blue is the navigation aerial, the black is for antenna, and pink is for the display to unit connection, as far as I’ve been able to work out. 

I've installed nav into my car. As above the Green is for reverse camera, Blue for GPS antenna, Black and Pink feed the unit traffic information I believe... 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies all, most helpful. I've got hold of a few cables and a GPS receiver and gonna give it a go. I read somewhere else that it wont work without re-programming but will cross that bridge if/when I come to it.

😉

It won't.... You will need the dealer to reprogram or someone with access to IDS. You can download a free program from the net called Forscan which will allow you to make the changes to the cars modules 😊 

• 2 years later...

I’ve got that stereo in my 2011 fiesta but DAB keeps losing signal is there an update I could do to rectify problem

15 minutes ago, Alan keena said:

I’ve got that stereo in my 2011 fiesta but DAB keeps losing signal is there an update I could do to rectify problem

There's no updates to fix this. People have varying results with DAB in these cars, so it's either down to the area you're in, or probably a bad antenna.

I bought a brand new aerial from Ford didn’t make any difference all normal FM stations are perfectly clear 

When I used to have a 2014 Fiesta TitaniumX with DAB from new DAB was hit and miss. The difference in sound between DAB and FM when it used to fall back to FM was so noticeable that I used FM most of the time and it just worked.