Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Replacement engine.

Nmullan54

So the timing belt in my Fiesta broke, sheering 27 teeth and in turn ensuring the engine has drove it’s  last. It was under the Mileage for needing replaced and worse again was booked in for a full service were i had specifically asked for it to be replaced 2 days Later. Anyway enough of my misfortunes. 

Mechanic is happy to replace the engine with a second hand one. However it’s on me to source it., he had issues after sourcing one from a previous client. Anyway I’ve been searching and have got two part numbers TZJA and TZJB. I may be being very stupid but the turbos and everything on these seem to be coming up as interchangeable. My question is are they both variations of the same thing? Will they both fit the car or am i looking for one specific model.

Car is a 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec S.

Many thanks in advance 

Nigel

sorry can't answer your question, but what was the mileage on?  is yours A) twin cam 16 valve or  B) single cam 8 valve.  i am not sure what year they changed from A to B

Mileage was at 98000 i owned the car from 6 months old so genuine miles, according to ford they are good for 125000 but i felt funny about letting it reach the 100000 mark. I have a feeling it’s the 16 valve from memory but  I am not 100% on that. Engine is being pulled out tomorow so will find out what part number was on the current one then.

Just a bit confused as there seems to be claims that both are in and around the same year from what i can see. Just though i would ask as it would open the search a little if both part numbers could fit.

3 hours ago, isetta said:

sorry can't answer your question, but what was the mileage on?  is yours A) twin cam 16 valve or  B) single cam 8 valve.  i am not sure what year they changed from A to B

Did ford put the 110hp variant of the DV6 engine in the mk7 fiesta? From what I remember between the two hp differences they have different turbos and injectors but I'm sure both parts would be interchangeable. 

No, they never did the higher power DV6/1.6TDCI in the fiesta (only the focus). There was the twincam 16valve at about 90bhp which was then replaced with the singlecam 8valve at about 95bhp, but not sure when the change over was.

• Like 1

2010 was the crossover year between the 16v and the 8v, around June build date I believe. 

Both TZJA and TZJB are the later 8v engine.  Both appear to use the same external parts and ancillaries so I would guess there are just a few minor internal revisions on the B model but that either should fit. 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

2010 was the crossover year between the 16v and the 8v, around June build date I believe.

In my day some cars had 20V twin cams 😩 miss those days 

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

In my day some cars had 20V twin cams 😩 miss those days 

Lol, VAGs 20vT engines are still readily available around here!  Awesome sound. :biggrin:  Always wanted a 180bhp 1.8t Golf or Leon when I was stuck with the 1.9TDI Mk4... :laugh: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, VAGs 20vT engines are still readily available around here!  Awesome sound. :biggrin:  Always wanted a 180bhp 1.8t Golf or Leon when I was stuck with the 1.9TDI Mk4... :laugh: 

I had a 2000reg 175bhp 1.6 20V twincam Toyota Corolla Levin BZR there a Japanese import, 

Velocity stack induction as standard 6 speed LSD red lined at 9,000rpm 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club