Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga 2nd Year Service / Servicing Plans

John Osborne

All I just want to pick your brains here , I’ve got Kuga ST 4x4 that’s due it’s second year service local dealers pricing up around £245 for this . I’d imagine we’ll probably keep the car for 3 years or so & do about 6k a year mileage .

Not sure what the service intervals are on it & to keep the Ford stamp on the book for servicing is it worth taking out a service plan ? Or would you recommend an independent if so does their service count in service record ?

Any help appreciated, not wanting to pay through the nose via dealer in future if not required 

Thanks John

service intervals are 12 months or 12500 miles whichever comes first. No idea on service plan prices.

As for independent, warranty is fine as long as the service is carried out to manufacturers service schedules using parts of OEM quality. But be aware if you do go the independent route, the ford dealer won't be in any hurry to accommodate you if you have a warranty issue.is it worth saving £50 . Your call. 

• Like 1

service plans start at approximately 30pcm

remember though any garage will stamp your book to keep a FSH also I have found that it only includes oil ,filter,and the basics  plus mot,it is cheaper to go to your local garage for the service,I can’t wait for mine to finish tbh. My local garage laughed at me when I told them for an auto gearbox filter and. oil change is £240.00.  So the only thing extra you get is Ford Assist 

• Like 1

My 2019 Fiesta is £11.11 per month for Ford service. I know they aren't popular but for this price and Ford techs.. can't go wrong 👍

9 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

My 2019 Fiesta is £11.11 per month for Ford Service. I know they aren't popular but for this price and Ford techs.. can't go wrong 👍

that works out £133.32p for your oil and filter change each year still way over priced, but some body has to pay for there gold spanners they use at ford  :wallbash:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andypsp said:

that works out £133.32p for your oil and filter change each year still way over priced, but some body has to pay for there gold spanners they use at ford  :wallbash:

If only the techs got the money from that service plan to pay for gold spanners! Unfortunately not😭

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure solid Gold spanners would just bend... :tongue:

Titanium spanners would be far more useful... :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks folks some good food for thought ,  I think on this occasion I’m gonna pay the dealer even though I know I’m having my leg lifted for filter & oil change , i’ll probably  make the call on a yearly basis .

Have any of you folks took out extended warranty , my 2 years are up in May again wondering if it’s worth taking out ?

On 3/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, andypsp said:

Isn’t the new fiesta only serviced every 2 years, so it would cost double?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club