Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheapest way to convert to DAB radio?

StephenFord

I have outgrown Radio 2 and now listen alot to LBC which is only broadcast on DAB. What is the CHEAPEST way to get DAB in my focus? I do not want to change the head unit if at all possible, but rather look at some kind of 'converter' that will get a DAB signal then shove it over to the standard head unit on FM. Quality doesn't enter into it, not interested, my 'sub woofer' days ended 30 years ago LOL Anyone any experience of this?

Well that was quick LOL Have now bought your suggestion and what a great price, others selling the same item for more than 3 times the price! Just hope they send it to me now and it isn't a listing error 🙂

• Like 1

I don't hang around [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Apparently, neither do I LOL

• Like 1

Yeh halfrauds sell that for £99 so your laughing 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let us know if it's good or not, I might invest in one if it's ok. 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wilto said:

Let us know if it's good or not, I might invest in one if it's ok. 👍

If you have bluetooth the 350 version is another tenner or so...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112636607277

Or even more cheapskate but not sure on the working...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113196390576

Personally, I've no need of BluTooth as I have one of these already fitted for my phone. The quality is extraordinary, with callers being able to hear me clearly, and their voice booming out over my 'radio', I love it! The price is amazing, and anyone who is ever done for using their phone in the car without 'handsfree' deserve everything they get...

HandsFree BluTooth car kit

I still don't agree with hands free because your mind is set on listening and replying more than paying full attention to driving. More so cos I work in call center and have idiots trying to sort stuff out whilst driving lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

I still don't agree with hands free because your mind is set on listening and replying more than paying full attention to driving. More so cos I work in call center and have idiots trying to sort stuff out whilst driving lol

I absolutely agree. The main use I put it to is to answer a call, then tell them I'm driving, and to call me back when I'm not! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG_20141016_200047_zpsbb1snprl_edit_1551695203276.thumb.jpg.d129c091ff371217f628ef950df8cf5b.jpg

Old Nokia ticked all the box's when my stock so my headunit sold on eBay and I was still saving up the extra cash to purchase the Pioneer headunit 

• Haha 1

mmm... yes, hard to beat an old Nokia LOL My 6310i in my GT4!

183012397_nokia6310i.thumb.JPG.ac348e526bd0316e06c8d5fa61025a31.JPG

• Like 2

I've never understood Jap cars styling...  They clearly spend an awful lot on exterior aesthetics...  And then just mash a big grey slab of plastic in the dash. :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I've never understood Jap cars styling...  They clearly spend an awful lot on exterior aesthetics...  And then just mash a big grey slab of plastic in the dash. :laugh: 

mmm... whereas the Focus dash is a thing of beauty! LOL 🤣

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

mmm... whereas the Focus dash is a thing of beauty! LOL 🤣

Not in the prefacelift, that is pretty horrific lol, and one of the main reasons I waited until I could afford a facelift model! :laugh:

The facelift dash with electronic climate, round edged Sony unit and Titanium effect fascia is pretty good looking imo! :smile: 

Image result for ford focus mk2 climate control

• Like 2

Oh, I don't know, I think the pre facelift has a certain right angle charm LOL

1791363212_dashLoRes.thumb.jpg.c760ee8a68db0e065356995932e89fa2.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, what a kit and a brilliant price! The package is about the size of a shoe box and arrived 48 hours after order, simply don't know how they do it for the price with free P&P! Anyway, just fitted it, took about 20 minutes with the longest bit tracking the aerial wire to the center console. Fired her up, she immediately tuned in all available DAB stations, and then shot out an FM broadcast which I just tuned into. Sounds brilliant. It's almost worth the £99 that Halfords sell it at, but that £23 eBay link is amazing!!

985740465_FocusDABstrip.thumb.jpg.90487244b63397230473a5387a4fd045.jpg

• Like 3

Another happy customer [emoji4]
Glad you got sorted so quickly.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Wow, what a kit and a brilliant price! The package is about the size of a shoe box and arrived 48 hours after order, simply don't know how they do it for the price with free P&P! Anyway, just fitted it, took about 20 minutes with the longest bit tracking the aerial wire to the center console. Fired her up, she immediately tuned in all available DAB stations, and then shot out an FM broadcast which I just tuned into. Sounds brilliant. It's almost worth the £99 that Halfords sell it at, but that £23 Ebay link is amazing!!

985740465_FocusDABstrip.thumb.jpg.90487244b63397230473a5387a4fd045.jpg

After all that complaining; it Looks like a Delfi turbo timer from a Japanese drift car 😂

30953621_max.thumb.jpg.a7d59ae0e9899283f7fe2cf49d6967cf.jpg

I gotta ask; 

How many ways can it be ok?

I see a rotational knob with ok, most things either are or there not like this thing has various ok's

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

After all that complaining; it Looks like a Delfi turbo timer from a Japanese drift car 😂

I gotta ask; 

How many ways can it be ok?

I see a rotational knob with ok, most things either are or there not like this thing has various ok's

I'm not entirely sure of your question but I'll have a go. As per the knob graphic, you can twist it clockwise and anti clockwise for various options. To confirm an option, you then press the button, again, as per the graphic. Was that your question or am I way off track? Oh, and who was complaining?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm not entirely sure of your question but I'll have a go. As per the knob graphic, you can twist it clockwise and anti clockwise for various options. To confirm an option, you then press the button, again, as per the graphic. Was that your question or am I way off track?

I was just joking mate but anyways; 

thanks for the clarification 👍

• Haha 1

Yesterday, I was proudly showing off my DAB conversion to a friend, explaining how easy it was, and that I was just in luck with the amount of cable supplied with the aerial as there were only a couple of inches to spare.  I demonstrated how I fed the wire along the full width of the roof lining, then down the driver side A pillar, then down under the dash to it's eventual termination. He then just looked at me and asked, 'why did you do that?', then following up with he'd have fed it down the passenger A pillar, and under the dash, making the cable run half of what I did. I stared at him, then wondered why people let me out without the aid of adult supervision!! Of course that's what I should have done, D'oh!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There's always a buzz killer isn't there?
Ignore him, you done good [emoji57]
72c45a3b5e34d822603c8757366013f8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1