Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leak From Hatch

GreyMack

Well had the focus for 3 weeks now, all beginning to settle down, liking it more and more and then this morning the wife tells me we have a leak, i go take a look and the lower part of the rear right seat is soaking. After a bit of investigation the rear of the seat is soaking also so i am assuming the water is getting in through the rear hatch somewhere going down the gap in the parcel shelf and down the back of the seat then running underneath to soak the cushioned area.

Anyone know if this is a known issue or am i just unlucky.

The suspicious in me says is this why arnold clark had this model inside?

Well had the focus for 3 weeks now, all beginning to settle down, liking it more and more and then this morning the wife tells me we have a leak, i go take a look and the lower part of the rear right seat is soaking. After a bit of investigation the rear of the seat is soaking also so i am assuming the water is getting in through the rear hatch somewhere going down the gap in the parcel shelf and down the back of the seat then running underneath to soak the cushioned area.

Anyone know if this is a known issue or am i just unlucky.

The suspicious in me says is this why arnold clark had this model inside?

sms to be a lot of this with fords at the mo mainly the ka range theyt have the same issues i wa told the hinges may be incorrectly sealed or a leaking boot strip take it back to arnold clark if thats the case its no good leaking all over the plqace

Got booked in for Thursday and will get a free courtesy car, except i need to pay £11 .....for insurance, so much for free.

Got booked in for Thursday and will get a free courtesy car, except i need to pay £11 .....for insurance, so much for free.

if the ack seats now damaged i would ask for a replacement seat ide say its the hinges as its a reoccuring issue

i had this on a focus st,it took me ages to find it as the dealers couldn't,what it was on mine was water running down up and around the tailgate hinges believe it or not,because as soon as i put a rubber band round the hinge

the leak stopped,not saying this is what you have but its worth a try

i had this on a focus st,it took me ages to find it as the dealers couldn't,what it was on mine was water running down up and around the tailgate hinges believe it or not,because as soon as i put a rubber band round the hinge

the leak stopped,not saying this is what you have but its worth a try

I cant see this curing a leak on the hinges. rubber band? so how does this form a seal.

could you explain.

GreyMack, check out this thread.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9769&st=15 it is a known problem for a while now.

let us know what they find.

what year is your car? ive been told this has been happening on the latest shape too.

It's a 56 plate and i'll let you know Thursday what happens.

It's a 56 plate and i'll let you know Thursday what happens.

Just a wee update from last weeks trip to Arnold Clark.

After 2 days of testing (ahem) they could find no leak. They removed the hatch and then put it all back together again they said this might have fixed the problem but they also hinted at me leaving the hatch open which i may have done but on the focus the alarm sounds if you leave any door open so i can't see how i'd have missed that.

So we shall see after the next rain storm.

Just a wee update from last weeks trip to Arnold Clark.

After 2 days of testing (ahem) they could find no leak. They removed the hatch and then put it all back together again they said this might have fixed the problem but they also hinted at me leaving the hatch open which i may have done but on the focus the alarm sounds if you leave any door open so i can't see how i'd have missed that.

So we shall see after the next rain storm.

Did Ford seal the hinge on the tailgate?

Did Ford seal the hinge on the tailgate?

Not sure, i was just told they put it back together and tightened everything up....bit vague i know but thats arnold clark ;(

no thats ford for you.

I know they have a problem with the rear hinges leaking, could be rear washer pipe off but then ford would have spotted that.

They have problems with rear screens leaking to and i had a c-max the other day that was leaking from the rear spoiler

no thats ford for you.

I know they have a problem with the rear hinges leaking, could be rear washer pipe off but then ford would have spotted that.

They have problems with rear screens leaking to and i had a c-max the other day that was leaking from the rear spoiler

This happened to mine it was the washer pipe it had split so with the car being a 51 plate I replaced the pipe myself works fine now and no leaks.

:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club