Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 sport tdci jazz up

Dave sport tdci

9 hours ago, Dave sport tdci said:

I think I could do with a new gear box mount it's a bit soft

And I would like to get a remap one day may be bigger intercooler as I would like more power 

Check out https://nbstyling.co.uk for Diesel upgrade bits 

Wow I missed a lot from a day 🤣. Those wheels look nice. There's something about them which makes the car look mint 👌. Seats look nice also, never knew recaro still did cloth seats. 

What engine do you have? If you have the 1.6 or 2 litre diesel search up hdi tuning. The main guy there can map your car for a good price and he's into the Peugeot Citroën PSA diesel engines. I have the 1.6 diesel 90hp 206nm and he can up that to 120hp 276nm from just a map 👍. He charges £150 to send the ECU to him for him to map or the better option is to take the car to his Bristol workshop and let him road test the car and check the parameters so he maps it accordingly which is £200. Just about all reviews on his Facebook page is 5 stars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Wow I missed a lot from a day 🤣. Those wheels look nice. There's something about them which makes the car look mint 👌. Seats look nice also, never knew recaro still did cloth seats. 

What engine do you have? If you have the 1.6 or 2 litre diesel search up hdi tuning. The main guy there can map your car for a good price and he's into the Peugeot Citroën PSA diesel engines. I have the 1.6 diesel 90hp 206nm and he can up that to 120hp 276nm from just a map 👍. He charges £150 to send the ECU to him for him to map or the better option is to take the car to his Bristol workshop and let him road test the car and check the parameters so he maps it accordingly which is £200. Just about all reviews on his Facebook page is 5 stars. 

Sadly it's 1.8 tdci but thanks for the heads up I'll have a look at this

There doesn't seem a lot of tuning options for the 1.8 I have a Ron box and a Ramair  intake that gives a nice Choo Choo noise  I'd like a decent turbo  down pipe as the ford one looks very restricted it's in a s shape remap and larger intercooler but I also need to get saving as always

IMG_20190304_105146.jpg

With the focus on about 47000 miles and 13 years old she doesn't feel very quick so today I thought I would check my boost pipes for leek's so I pulled the the one going to the inlet manifold and egr I could not find any splits but the one pipe had what looks like grease all behind it ? Any ideas about this

IMG_20190305_102616.jpg

So while I had the pipe off I thought I'd take a look at the inlet manifold 😲 it was bad very bad

IMG_20190305_102314.jpg

IMG_20190305_102334.jpg

IMG_20190305_102520.jpg

So I started to give it a clean now I know ideally you should take the inlet manifold off and clean it all out but I didn't want to go that far so I did as best I could with a flat head screwdriver I know I know

IMG_20190305_104050.jpg

IMG_20190305_104824.jpg

I was as careful as I could to pull the oily crud out and not in 

It's not perfect but it is a lot better

This is why you should blank your egr to stop this from choking your diesel engine 

Which this car now has

IMG_20190305_111046.jpg

IMG_20190305_111132.jpg

• Like 2

So after the cleaning the car feels smoother on tic over  more responsive on initial take off and less smokey on first start up

And I'm hoping for more mpg we will see

• Like 1

I have to apologize for my spelling errors I'm dyslexic and find it a real Paine and have to rely on predicted text so I may make mistakes sorry

Wouldn't worry too much about it mate, 

looks like it was chocked up real bad by the looks of the pictures. glad you seem to have noticed the difference since givin it a clean. don't worrie about the spelling mistakes. look forward to seeing more updates

• Like 1

8 hours ago, b4zz said:

looks like it was chocked up real bad by the looks of the pictures. glad you seem to have noticed the difference since givin it a clean. don't worrie about the spelling mistakes. look forward to seeing more updates

Yes it was pretty bad lots of short journeys and no egr blank I was surprised how bad it was with the low mileage 

I had a golf TDI with double the mileage it was not anything like the focus but I did used to blow the cobwebs out regularly !

The focus only has one previous owner the father in-law and he didn't drive it very hard

• Like 1

Id get the EGR blanked. The inlet manifold on mine was as caked in carbon as yours and what a difference it looked after cleaning. I'd say I felt the same difference as you but sadly you quickly get used to it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Id get the EGR blanked. The inlet manifold on mine was as caked in carbon as yours and what a difference it looked after cleaning. I'd say I felt the same difference as you but sadly you quickly get used to it. 

It was one of the first thing I did when I got the car was to blank the egr just had a look at your build and yours was bad to must be a ford thing 

• Like 2

Everything looks great! 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, beachbum84 said:

Everything looks great! 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work so far, especially on a budget! It certainly scrubs up well for its age.

Thanks it's not too bad from a distance but up close it could do with a machine polish and a cuppul of dent's pushed out

• 3 weeks later...

So since having my tracking adjusted I've noticed on full lock I'm scrubbing on the inside wheel arch on the passenger side I think that there is something from ford to restrict the steering can someone post a link as can't remember it's name thanks

This is my tracking results it was a fair bit out !

IMG_20190503_104919.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave sport tdci said:

So since having my tracking adjusted I've noticed on full lock I'm scrubbing on the inside wheel arch on the passenger side I think that there is something from ford to restrict the steering can someone post a link as can't remember it's name thanks

Rack limiters.  I'm not sure the tracking equipment was set up properly looking at those results though. :unsure: 

Why is that ?

Car drives nice and straight now

Just now, Dave sport tdci said:

Car drives nice and straight now

Tbh I'm surprised it drove anywhere before if those original figures are accurate...

Unless you've replaced some suspension or steering parts, toe doesn't just randomly end up that far out of spec but still equal on both sides.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club