Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 sport tdci jazz up

Dave sport tdci

Yes mate it had new wish bones, ball joints, and 40 mil lowering springs as well so I wasn't surprised that it was way out to be fair 

• 5 weeks later...

The focus has been a reliable car for two years of ownership but the last couple of days it's had a intermittent falt with the clock's failing which some time's shuts off the car! Not good

So I think I'm going to have to get them repaired or may be get a second set recoded 

As the car is a lowly sport it doesn't have a trip computer so maybe a good time to upgrade to zeetec clock's as I already have the stork in the shed is that possible ?

just need someone to code them for me any recommendations as to who can do it ?

• 2 weeks later...

So having been inundated with help for my clock problems 2 people thanks chaps 

I think that I have fixed the problem for the princely sum of £5 and the car has never driven so nice seems like there is more power and smoother for some reason over the moon

IMG_20190601_205217.jpg

• Like 1

Good to see the problem was sorted. Was it actually the clocks which caused that? I remember one of my dads friends having problems with his c max I think was to do with the gauges not working. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave sport tdci said:

So having been inundated with help for my clock problems 2 people thanks chaps 

I think that I have fixed the problem for the princely sum of £5 and the car has never driven so nice seems like there is more power and smoother for some reason over the moon

IMG_20190601_205217.jpg

Paradise by the dashboard light 😅

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Good to see the problem was sorted. Was it actually the clocks which caused that? I remember one of my dads friends having problems with his c max I think was to do with the gauges not working. 

Yes mate it was the pins on the back of the clocks that the main plug go's into needed re soldier they looked ok but has been good since 

I May have had a problem for a while as the car feels smoother now less jerky

When i plugged the clocks back in I could hear servos moving all most like something was resetting itself sounded like a hard drive when you switch on a computer

May have been the egr or the turbo actuator ?

Also the glow plug light doesn't come on as much as it used to ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dave sport tdci said:

Yes mate it was the pins on the back of the clocks that the main plug go's into needed re soldier they looked ok but has been good since 

I May have had a problem for a while as the car feels smoother now less jerky

When i plugged the clocks back in I could hear servos moving all most like something was resetting itself sounded like a hard drive when you switch on a computer

May have been the egr or the turbo actuator ?

Also the glow plug light doesn't come on as much as it used to ?

I'm not really mechanically minded 😅. Do you have the 1.6 TDCI? I wouldn't think the EGR would cause any problems unless the electric mechanism is unable to move from being crudded up with soot. It'll throw up a engine light and limp mode. That happened to me once when I was just driving the car in and out the garage for 2 months as I was waiting for the insurance renewal of my previous car. The EML didn't come back after deleting the fault code. 

On my 1.6 TDCI the glow plug light only comes on when it's around 5 degrees or less and it just comes on for an astro second. I'm sure though the glow plugs still work even when the light doesn't come on.

Mine is the 1.8 so it is a old motor and I had a lot of crud in the inlet that I removed so may have gotten a bit stuck and re set when I replace the clocks

The main problem was the re soldier job on the clocks as that was shutting down the car completely as I was driving 

Next job on the list is to get this sorted

IMG_20190613_142456.jpg

IMG_20190613_142428.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave sport tdci said:

Next job on the list is to get this sorted

IMG_20190613_142456.jpg

IMG_20190613_142428.jpg

Check if your insurance has windscreen cover. Check though if it doesn't lose your no claims etc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

Check if your insurance has windscreen cover. Check though if it doesn't lose your no claims etc

Yes it's just my luck at the moment for years I've had windscreen replacement cover and never needed

This year I don't have it as I change pretty much every year to keep the cost down 

I've managed to find someone that will replace it for £140 so not too expensive really

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So up date time new screen fitted

Screenshot_20190705_224106.jpg

• Like 2

Must look crystal clear 👍

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:48 PM, zain611 said:

Must look crystal clear 👍

It's not bad 

But on another note I think my driver's side track rod end is knocking 

Hopefully it will pass the mot next month and I can get it done after only just had all the tracking sorted as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave sport tdci said:

It's not bad 

But on another note I think my driver's side track rod end is knocking 

Hopefully it will pass the mot next month and I can get it done after only just had all the tracking sorted as well

I assume they just check the tracking alignment or check for an imbalance in the alignment;

Hopefully it passes for you mate 

27 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I assume they just check the tracking alignment or check for an imbalance in the alignment;

Hopefully it passes for you mate 

I think they look for play in the steering it's not really bad but there is a little movement fingers crossed 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave sport tdci said:

I think they look for play in the steering it's not really bad but there is a little movement fingers crossed 

3db042f7-hyundai-i30-monkeys-525255b225255d.thumb.jpg.d52553116b449e039cba4ac0ac22f047.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Not done much with the focus for a while but Got round to upgrading the side light and number plate light with LED and what a great little upgrade they are much more modern

IMG_20200129_125320.jpg

• Like 3

Looks a lot better 👍. Hopefully will be putting those bright autobeam front sidelight bulbs in my car tomorrow. Dad put the performance indicators in his volvo and he was really happy with them on how bright they are and that it's a proper Amber colour. 

• 2 months later...

Any one had a Ron box on their tdci I'm confused with what number I should be on for maximum should the arrow point at 0-4IMG_20200415_135215.thumb.jpg.f6336f5c367dd60fb6b32b352b894fd8.jpg

IMG_20200415_135206.jpg

IMG_20200415_135226.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...