Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 engine cover

DEVSR2

Hi folks so ford being ford didn't fit the MK8 fiestas with an engine cover for some reason which is a bit of a shame as it makes the engine bay seem 'busy'.

Has anyone bought a cover and fitted? If so which one?

I've seen a few for sale where you have to cut/trim the cover which I'm trying to avoid but if that's the only option then I guess it's time to buy one.

Cheers

I fitted a genuine Ford cover which is a heavy rubber (not plastic as on most cars), trimmed the right hand side with a large hacksaw for a smooth finish (took 1 min to do)

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Genuine-Ford-10L-Ecoboost-Engine-Cover_17673.jsp

If you search for nashdm2 on 26 January Mk8 engine cover on the Fiesta forum, scroll down 8 answers and you will see a couple of photos on how I cut mine to

fit. Try page 9 of the forum and scroll down to ind it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @jsk just had a read. It doesn't look too bad when trimmed so I'm going to have to give that a go.

It's a shame they didn't make one , even as an approved part as there's a few folk on here who would buy 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

It's a shame they didn't make one , even as an approved part as there's a few folk on here who would buy 👍

I agree - it's a pity to have to Shell out £55 or so and then have to take a saw to it!

• Like 2

Agreed mate. They're going for 40 on the bay of e however I rang a breakers yard and even they quoted 35 for a used one.

Think I'll have to bite the bullet! Just untidy each time I open the bonnet. @Eric Bloodaxe

1 hour ago, DEVSR2 said:

Agreed mate. They're going for 40 on the bay of e however I rang a breakers yard and even they quoted 35 for a used one.

Think I'll have to bite the bullet! Just untidy each time I open the bonnet. @Eric Bloodaxe

Make sure you get the 2 fixings which aren't included with the cover

Got mine from Pumaspeed and it came with the two fittings.

17 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

@robbyvrs are those the two mounts?

You'll need 2 fixings/ mounts which screw into threaded holes already there - looking under the cover when holding it over the engine you'll see where they should go

Took piccys of cover trimmed and fitted 🙂

TF63skh.jpg?1

Odn5W2j.jpg?1

• Like 1

I wonder if the new Focus comes with a new engine cover for the 1.0 ecoboost?

41 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

I wonder if the new Focus comes with a new engine cover for the 1.0 ecoboost?

I understand the Mk 4 1.0 has quite a few changes including the head being reversed. From the odd underbonnet shot I've seen it does have a cover but very different to the previous version.

Roger, are you saying the Focus engine is a different engine to those fitted to the Fiesta?

53 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

Roger, are you saying the Focus engine is a different engine to those fitted to the Fiesta?

Afaik, in addition to the head mod (which I understand is to accommodate gpf),  it has chain not belt cam drive, and incorporates cylinder deactivation, so yes, quite a few differences on the Mk 4 Focus apparently.

15 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

PS to previous post. @robbyvrs and @jsk above have used the cover as fitted to the Mk 3/3.5 Focus which is available from suppliers such as Pumaspeed and Sico Developments as well as a Ford spare. 

I note your car is a 2019 model which may differ from ours in having a gpf which were apparently introduced  to the Fiesta part way through last year. Might be a good idea to see if you could post up a decent pic of the engine, then we could see if it differs from Rob's as shown above. If not, the Focus Mk 3/3.5 cover should fit, with a bit of trimming as detailed by Rob and John.

Thanks guys!! Advice is much appreciated. 

Yeah I've seen this GPF talk a few times now and wonder if mine has one. I'll get a pic of the engine at the weekend and see what you think 👍 @Eric Bloodaxe

12 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

I'll get a pic of the engine at the weekend and see what you think 👍

@Eric Bloodaxe

Some shots of mine (reg March 2018) for comparison - be interesting to see if there are any obvious differences to a 2019 model. The build date on the engine sticker is actually 25 Jan 2018.

IMG_20190308_100211_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190308_100142_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190308_100132_hdr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So, got this little job done today, along the lines suggested by @robbyvrs (thanks Rob). As I have to park my car under a few trees, hopefully this will stop leaves and other "tree bits" getting deposited around the coil packs etc!

With the benefit of hindsight (wonderful thing) I reckon it might be possible to make an even neater looking job by cutting from the bottom to within approx 5mm of the top of the cover and then making a horizontal cut, so the cover would still look complete from above. I think it would be a bit of a faff though.

IMG_20190318_150130_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190318_150116_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190318_150124_hdr.jpg

IMG_20190318_150130_hdr.jpg

Roger, what material is the cover made of please as I am sure that somebody said it was made of rubber?

17 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

Roger, what material is the cover made of please as I am sure that somebody said it was made of rubber?

That's correct, it's a rubber like material, quite flexible.

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

IMG_20190318_150116_hdr.jpg

Hi Eric - do i see your cover not sitting flat at the back (just above the ecoboost logo)where it meets the top pipe?

I didn't notice mine being the same until the other day and when pushing it down to locate on the peg/ fixing it wouldn't seat properly so i trimmed a little off the bottom (can't be seen when fitted) so it now sits flush

The last St-Line i had (125 which shouldn't make a difference) the cover i bought for that was a perfect fit without any trimming at all - weird?

9 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

Thanks, Rob. I had noticed that but as yours was the same in your pic I assumed it was ok. I'll give it a trim tomorrow!