DEVSR2

Yep pic was taken before i noticed and trimmed it 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

Yep pic was taken before i noticed and trimmed it 🙂

Don't you just hate it when you only notice after taking a pic!😀

14 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't you just hate it when you only notice after taking a pic!😀

yep - just saw how it didn't sit level in the pic so went out to have a look, hadn't noticed it wasn't located on the fixing either 🙄

1 hour ago, robbyvrs said:

yep - just saw how it didn't sit level in the pic so went out to have a look, hadn't noticed it wasn't located on the fixing either 🙄

Well, messed about trimming for ages this morning before noticing the cover looks slightly distorted even when off the car, possibly because it's not a rigid material. Looks a bit better now, but perhaps it's just the case that these do not fit well on the Mk8 140 for whatever reason.

Anyway it'll do the job of keeping stuff off the engine well enough and, as you mentioned somewhere, it does seem to quieten the engine, (though mine seemed pretty quiet anyway in normal driving, tbh).

Just ordered a black Mountune hard pipe, still waiting for primary and secondary Mountunes hoses (red) to come into stock

Still thinking of the bonnet struts?

Trying to keep things warranty friendly for now but if a Revo map comes out then ............................................

Got car booked in for convenience check at end of month and maybe oil + filter change - will have 1300 miles on by then 🙂

On 3/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, robbyvrs said:

Just ordered a black Mountune hard pipe, still waiting for primary and secondary Mountunes hoses (red) to come into stock

Still thinking of the bonnet struts?

Trying to keep things warranty friendly for now but if a Revo map comes out then ............................................

Got car booked in for convenience check at end of month and maybe oil + filter change - will have 1300 miles on by then 🙂

Would be really interested to hear about/ see your Mountune hard pipe! Was toying with the idea the other night.

3 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

Would be really interested to hear about/ see your Mountune hard pipe! Was toying with the idea the other night.

Well it arrived yesterday and 5 mins later was fitted

Drove to work and back today and can't tell the difference 😞

The pipe is the same diameter as the standard and apart from the bulky part on the outside (not sure what that's for) the only difference i could see was the inside is smooth all the way where the standard has 1 or 2 "grooves? so i suppose the MT gives smoother air flow?

Managed to order the secondary Mountune hose today which should be here and fitted by the weekend (hopefully) so fingers crossed that will be noticeable - if not them the primary hose if it ever comes back into stock is the last warranty friendly mod i can think of

11 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

Drove to work and back today and can't tell the difference 😞

The pipe is the same diameter as the standard and apart from the bulky part on the outside (not sure what that's for) the only difference i could see was the inside is smooth all the way where the standard has 1 or 2 "grooves? so i suppose the MT gives smoother air flow?

Managed to order the secondary Mountune hose today which should be here and fitted by the weekend (hopefully) so fingers crossed that will be noticeable - if not them the primary hose if it ever comes back into stock is the last warranty friendly mod i can think of

Shame is doesn't instantly feel better. 

Worst case scenario, it is some nice under bonnet bling? 

16 hours ago, robbyvrs said:

The hard pipe does away with the resonator (the bulky part) and the flexibility and potential flow disruption of the OEM plastic part. It’s unlikely that you will feel the difference through the pedal, especially without a tune. 

You should feel (better throttle response) and hear (deeper turbo/induction noise) from the secondary induction hose though, if the Mk7.5 is any indication. 

8 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

Shame is doesn't instantly feel better. 

Worst case scenario, it is some nice under bonnet bling? 

Well as it's the black version it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it - they do a silver version (some on ebay) but they probably wont stand out either

3 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

The hard pipe does away with the resonator (the bulky part) and the flexibility and potential flow disruption of the OEM plastic part. It’s unlikely that you will feel the difference through the pedal, especially without a tune. 

You should feel (better throttle response) and hear (deeper turbo/induction noise) from the secondary induction hose though, if the Mk7.5 is any indication. 

I wasn't expecting anything drastic as i guess it's part of a chain of improvements/ mods needed to make a difference, at £70 it is a bit dissapointing though 😞

Hoping the secondary hose comes into stock soon then a remap is on the cards - Revo would be great or maybe Superchips if they've ironed out the bugs from the 1st release (prefer a handset map so i can swap it back when it has to go for warranty work)

I was looking into a replacement panel filter as on most of my previous cars i've fitted either K+N or Pipercross panel filters, apart from a little more induction noise there wasn't any difference felt, might work with the mountune hoses though? don't want an induction kit - too old for that 🙂

Hmm - primary hose is what i've managed to order not the secondary 🙄

Mountune primary hose arrived today and 5 mins later fitted 👍 i like easy to fit extras

Crappy camera phone pic shows this and the black Mountune hard pipe

First drive will be on way to work tommorow so hoping for a little improvement - Secondary hose still out of stock 👎 so deciding on either Pipercross (as i always fit) replacement element or ITG next

fNkK7l8.jpg?2

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

IMG_20190610_131858_hdr.thumb.jpg.3d751250fd8460437344fced6e14ef8d.jpg

On 3/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

With the benefit of hindsight (wonderful thing) I reckon it might be possible to make an even neater looking job by cutting from the bottom to within approx 5mm of the top of the cover and then making a horizontal cut, so the cover would still look complete from above.

For anyone still contemplating fitting a cover. I had an experiment with the small piece of the cover I originally cut off and found with a lot more fiddly trimming you could indeed do the above. I stuck the (much trimmed!) bit back just to prove it to myself. It's just a matter of having the time and patience to keep offering up the cover and trimming a little at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

New pic taken today with the Mountune secondary hose fitted to match the Mountune primary hose, Mountune black hardpipe and hidden away a Pipercross drop in filter 🙂

LpIEt6b.jpg?1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very smart underbonnet Rob! Are you noticing any difference from the new bits this time?

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Very smart underbonnet Rob! Are you noticing any difference from the new bits this time?

Only difference i notice is how nice the hoses look 😃  can't notice any improvement but i only drive normal, maybe on WOT it'll be noticeable?

27 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

maybe on WOT it'll be noticeable?

Don't seem to get chance to try that very often these days................😥

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread resurrection

I sold the previous Fiesta over a year ago, had a few other cars and have now bought another ST-Line.

I'm wanting to fit an engine cover to this car so called into dealers and ordered the cover (part no 1806222) but the listing is showing the fixings in either long (to fit Focus up to 02/14) or different part number ones to fit Focus from 2014? I can't remember the ones i bought last time so does anyone know the correct ones?

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/53/no/8/1544/15268/66332/

11 minutes ago, robbyvrs said:

I sold the previous Fiesta over a year ago, had a few other cars and have now bought another ST-Line.

Lol so that explains why I was confused when you reappeared with another Fiesta, Rob!😀

I sidestepped the question by buying mine from Pumaspeed.

https://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Genuine-Ford-10L-Ecoboost-Engine-Cover_17673.jsp

It does need trimming to fit the Mk 8 as they say (and you already know) but I did discover in retrospect that with a bit more forethought and very careful trimming you could get away without slicing right through so it looks complete from above. I did stick the bit I cut off back on and it doesn't look too bad (picture somewhere earlier in this thread) but better not to chop right through in the first place!😀

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol so that explains why I was confused when you reappeared with another Fiesta, Rob!😀

I sidestepped the question by buying mine from Pumaspeed.

https://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Genuine-Ford-10L-Ecoboost-Engine-Cover_17673.jsp

It does need trimming to fit the Mk 8 as they say (and you already know) but I did discover in retrospect that with a bit more forethought and very careful trimming you could get away without slicing right through so it looks complete from above. I did stick the bit I cut off back on and it doesn't look too bad (picture somewhere earlier in this thread) but better not to chop right through in the first place!😀

Yep i'm back 😀

It was easy to order the parts last time and the time before for the 2 previous MK8s i had but looking at the parts listing (see link in my post above yours) the cover now has another part number and the 2 fixings also have 2 part numbers and refer to 1 of each as long?

Pumaspeed are listing them at £71.50 where partbox sell the lot for £62.96 with free postage - dealer is similar

Ordered the footwell lights (again), just fitted a polished hardpipe and have red pro induction hoses in the post (see the familiar theme 🙄 ), also ordered a Proram filter element

Will be ordering another TRC front splitter but just fitted F+R mudflaps so can't fit the side splitters

• 5 months later...

Just resurrecting this thread (after finding it really useful- thanks everyone) as I decided to add a cover to my engine, too.

No way was I going to spend 70+ quid on a new one, but I got a good price second-hand one complete with the two mounting studs, so I was happy with that, and happy with having to cut it about. Here's how I got on, as maybe it will help others one day-

First I gave the cover a good clean with some detergent- this worked well, except the cover was made of much softer rubber than I was expecting, and it is slightly absorbent, so it took a while to get the soap out again!

Then the two studs were screwed to the engine- the thread on one side and the hole on the other are already there, and you can't mix them up.

Then I set about cutting the end of the cover. I wanted to try and preserve the triangular bit at the end and did what was suggested above- leave a few millimeters of thickness and cut in under it, and then down. I used a combination of a very sharp Stanley blade, a hacksaw, and then I actually found that the material responded well to an electric palm sander with a fairly rough pad. It's not perfect- the material is soft and very difficult to cut/finish neatly- but I was pleased enough with the end result as it looks on the car. The triangular end on mine is perhaps still a little thick, so it rests firmly on the air pipe, but to be honest I didn't trust either the material or myself to try and make it any thinner so I quit while I was ahead! It was mentioned above that the cover doesn't seem to sit flat along the back edge- I trimmed a little away at the back, but in the end I think it is more to do with the flexible nature of the material.

Finally the cover was dressed with some black trim restorer and a bit of shine, and I am very pleased with it overall.

618541356_01Backleft.jpg

738207040_02Backright.jpg

470950778_03Endofcoverascutandsanded.jpg

169078474_04Fittedcover.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BlueMike2021 said:

Just resurrecting this thread (after finding it really useful- thanks everyone) as I decided to add a cover to my engine, too.

Very neat job, Mike👍

• Like 1

Thanks! It was the best I could do with the material, really.

• 1 year later...

I thought I would post my journey regarding my Fiesta ST-Line 2020 modifying and fitting an engine cover. Made easier by reading this thread. Thank you.

Before

before.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club