Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater problem

Pauls Fiesta

Hi all

Got a 2009 1.4TDCi and heater is playing up.

Initially it would just work for a minute or 2 when engine started and would then stop, when I say work I mean just blow air & not hot/cold etc. Having had a quick read I ordered a resistor from the bay & fitted that but now it does not even turn on at all! 

Had a quick look in the fuse box but unfortunately the manual does not seem to have a layout of the box & just has a list of the numbers/fuses so could not make head nor tail of it! Also the box looks quite bare (pic attached).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

spacer.png

does it work if you put old resistor pack back in?

If a resistor pack is faulty it usually means the fan works on the highest speed but not on any of the lower speeds

15 hours ago, Pauls Fiesta said:

Hi all

Got a 2009 1.4TDCi and heater is playing up.

Initially it would just work for a minute or 2 when engine started and would then stop, when I say work I mean just blow air & not hot/cold etc. Having had a quick read I ordered a resistor from the bay & fitted that but now it does not even turn on at all! 

Had a quick look in the fuse box but unfortunately the manual does not seem to have a layout of the box & just has a list of the numbers/fuses so could not make head nor tail of it! Also the box looks quite bare (pic attached).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

spacer.png

Have you checked the underside of the fuse box lid? Usually the layout is on it showing the fuse location and number so you can cross reference with your handbook.

16 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Have you checked the underside of the fuse box lid? Usually the layout is on it showing the fuse location and number so you can cross reference with your handbook.

Ah, there may be the problem! There is no lid. 

Also I haven't put the old resistor back in as wanted to try fuses first as less of a pain! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pauls Fiesta said:

Ah, there may be the problem! There is no lid. 

Also I haven't put the old resistor back in as wanted to try fuses first as less of a pain! 

Try this site, it might help you identify the fuses.

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/ford/fiesta/79-ford-fiesta-vi-2008-fuse-box-diagram.html

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club