Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 start up message

SimonRich

Hi guys,  anyone know if it is possible to switch the seat/seatbelt reminder message off or have it go off automatically when you switch ignition on and start engine,  it’s a bit of a pain having to cancel with right steering wheel button every time ?

I’ve searched manual but can’t find anything.

@SimonRich I've been searching for s while mate and no joy. I read it was something to do with safety.

Don't think so - I asked this when I first got my car and was told no. I've got into a routine now, pressing ok before driving off. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just warning when you hadn't fastened the belt, but to get a message to tell you that you have fastened it is a bit of a pain!

• Like 1

Sometimes, out of pure stubbornness, I refuse let the car bully me into pressing the button... I ignore it until it times out. 

I know the car hates it when I do that ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SimonRich said:

Hi guys,  anyone know if it is possible to switch the seat/seatbelt reminder message off or have it go off automatically when you switch ignition on and start engine,  it’s a bit of a pain having to cancel with right steering wheel button every time ?

I’ve searched manual but can’t find anything.

No. Not that I know. Just press ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club