Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALLOY WHEEL CLEANER

Mark Veg

Hi my wife car is a ford fiesta Zetec S with black alloys can any one recommend a good wheel cleaner 

as the previous owner did not look after them and i need to try get on top of them bring them back to life 

thank you 

mark  

If you have ingrained brake dust start with something like Bilberry or Iron-X cleaner which reacts with the particles and breaks it down.

To keep on top i use Autosmart smart wheels which is an acid free cleaner so doesn't damage the clearcoat 🙂

• Like 1

I know Bilt hamber auto wheel is good however I was given something called fast shot wheel cleaner which really cleaned my wheels and removed those dirty water spots which was on the wheels since I bought the car. 

• Like 1

Never heard of that? make sure it's acid free or you risk damaging the laquer

• Like 1

Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, this is acid free and just as good.

If you car is a 2nd user vehicle it may have had one or two wheels repaired, using an acid cleaner will eventually strip the wheels so its best if you don't know the history of the car to use an acid free cleaner like Valet Pro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner.

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Got me some of this Bilberry Wheel Cleaner a few weeks ago and great stuff,even comes off with a nice strong hose pipe water not only jet wash.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, robbyvrs said:

Never heard of that? make sure it's acid free or you risk damaging the laquer

Yeah it's PH neutral. My local detailing shop don't sell acidic wheel cleaners. They had either a gallon or litre for £21 last time I asked. 

• Like 1

Autosmart smart wheels comes in a 5lt tub which is diluted upto 1:6 so can end up at 30litres - bought from the Autosmart guys who deliver to garages but sometimes comes up on eBay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2019 at 3:37 PM, zain611 said:

I know Bilt hamber auto wheel is good however I was given something called fast shot wheel cleaner which really cleaned my wheels and removed those dirty water spots which was on the wheels since I bought the car. 

Hi thanks used the bilberry cleaner a lot better another dose and a good polish should do the job 

thanks again

mark

• Like 1

One tiresome way to get the wheels rockin is to remove them off the car! Products like 'Iron out' is good for visually removing brake dust but it doesn't remove everything, once a year my wheels are taken off the car and the inside of the wheels thoroughly scrubbed clean, then polished up to a high lustre, before the wheels are refitted, the brake discs & callipers are fully cleaned, as is the hub & strut & wheel arch liner, then it's time to refit the wheels.

Sad! Yes! but it's one sure way of keeping the area clean and will always look good.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

One tiresome way to get the wheels rockin is to remove them off the car! Products like 'Iron out' is good for visually removing brake dust but it doesn't remove everything, once a year my wheels are taken off the car and the inside of the wheels thoroughly scrubbed clean, then polished up to a high lustre, before the wheels are refitted, the brake discs & callipers are fully cleaned, as is the hub & strut & wheel arch liner, then it's time to refit the wheels.

Sad! Yes! but it's one sure way of keeping the area clean and will always look good.

I remove mine as soon as i get a new car, thoroughly clean them back and front, use tar remover (Tardis) for stubborn stains then apply a sealant for better protection which also make the wheels easier to clean in future 🙂

Yep i'm sad as well 🐵

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club