Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Mk7 Heater not warming up

Carracer12

Hi,

My heater's air doesn't get warm at all, it just sits there blowing cold air at me in winter. Read something about it possibly being radiator/heater matrix related but I don't really have a clue what's going on with those. It's a titanium spec so has the "digital" climate control. Any ideas?

Thanks

is it petrol or diesel?   do you have a temperature gauge? if so what does that go up to when driving?

lack of heat from heater is sometimes due to coolant level being too low, have you checked this 

It's a petrol 1.4L, no temperature gauge unfortunately, I'll have a look at the coolant level

8 hours ago, Carracer12 said:

no temperature gauge unfortunately

So you can't see numbers/words in the central rectangular digital area ? If this is blank then maybe the heating fault is within the display, could be stuck on cold.

Maybe check the fuses which control the display ?

With auto climate, it is likely to be the motor/potentiometer module that operates the heater flap.   

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry I've been away from my car for a little while, I'll be reunited next weekend and I'll have a look at everything.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, Ian Lanc said:

So you can't see numbers/words in the central rectangular digital area ? If this is blank then maybe the heating fault is within the display, could be stuck on cold.

Maybe check the fuses which control the display ?

I thought they meant engine temperature gauge like you get on a lot of cars, the display on the heating system control goes all the way from Lo to Hi so I don't think it's stuck on cold.

On 3/9/2019 at 6:11 PM, David73 said:

With auto climate, it is likely to be the motor/potentiometer module that operates the heater flap.   

Is there an easy way to check this without ripping half the dash off? The car is by a long way the most expensive thing I own so I want to be careful.

Thanks!

On 3/22/2019 at 2:01 PM, Carracer12 said:

Is there an easy way to check this without ripping half the dash off? The car is by a long way the most expensive thing I own so I want to be careful..

I don't have auto climate on my Fiesta so can't help directly. If you dive down in the footwells there are removable panels that give some access behind the dashboard. If the actuator is on the left the glovebox is also easy to remove.

This is a thread from a Kia forum that has pictures to show what the actuator looks like and possible location.

https://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/54-ceed-2006-2012/12265-heater-blowing-hot-air-continuously.html

• 4 weeks later...

So I came back to my car and my heater still isn't working, hoped it might've sorted itself out but nope. The coolant is easily high enough (just below max) so that's not it. Going away again soon so don't particularly want to start poking round in the dash but I've got a feeling it'll be the potentiometer/flap so that'll be a pain.