Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Titanium USB says Unsupported device

Andyguk

Sorry if this has been covered but cannot find anything on it. Bought a 2015 Focus Titanium with Sync 2 tried to plug my Galaxy S9 into the usb and also my tomtom 6200 into USB.both of them say unsupported device please remove they dont even charge them up yet they worked perfectly on my 2012 seat leon, Also the screen did show navigation in the top right hand corner this has now gone. Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas how to fix it if possible rather than take it to pay the dealer for software checks/updates.

Thanks all

On 3/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, Andyguk said:

Sorry if this has been covered but cannot find anything on it. Bought a 2015 Focus Titanium with Sync 2 tried to plug my Galaxy S9 into the usb and also my tomtom 6200 into USB.both of them say unsupported device please remove they dont even charge them up yet they worked perfectly on my 2012 seat leon, Also the screen did show navigation in the top right hand corner this has now gone. Has anyone else had this problem or any ideas how to fix it if possible rather than take it to pay the dealer for software checks/updates.

Thanks all

It maybe driver related to both your devices, you should check to see if there are any updates for both your mobile and Sat-Nav and try again after installing. Also not using OEM USB leads can give issues similar to this also.

I have a Samsung S7 and don't have any issues and I also use several USB devices again not having any issues. (I have a FF Titanium X)

You could try disconnecting your battery for around 10 minutes to reset your modules. If this doesn't work then visiting a Ford dealer for software updates might work, these can only be done using the Ford ids diagnostic software, most likely at a cost though?

On 3/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, Andyguk said:

Thanks all

Sync 2 does not support any device that IS NOT a mass storage device or something that talks Apple iPod. The USB ports are not designed for charging devices as the power output is limited to the USB 2.0 specification of 500mA. Sat-navs and Samsung Galaxy S9 devices require a minimum of 1A to be able to charge successfully.

9 hours ago, SukiDukes said:

It maybe driver related to both your devices, you should check to see if there are any updates for both your mobile and Sat-Nav and try again after installing. Also not using OEM USB leads can give issues similar to this also.

I have a Samsung S7 and don't have any issues and I also use several USB devices again not having any issues. (I have a FF Titanium X)

9 hours ago, SukiDukes said:

You could try disconnecting your battery for around 10 minutes to reset your modules. If this doesn't work then visiting a Ford dealer for software updates might work, these can only be done using the Ford ids diagnostic software, most likely at a cost though?

Really bad advice I'm afraid. The system in the 2015 Focus is not the same as the one in the 2012 Focus.

Also software updates won't make any difference to the connectivity with Sync 2. Its a limitation of the SYNC modules themselves.

• Like 1

Happy to say its now all ok got the used dealer i got the car from to pay evans halshaw to update the software and it now recognises my phone/sat nav

• Like 1

Great news! … thanks for letting us know. Happy motoring 😎