Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Hazard Warning Lights

calmcdermott

OK Guys and Gals,

I have the Zetec S and to my understanding, isn't it suppost to have Auto Hazard Warning Lights when emergency breaking is applied, was reading on Ford's website its suppost to have it, with this went out and did a couple of emergency stops (in a safe place where there were no cars around before anyone moans)but they never came on! what do I need to do, have I missed out on something?

OK Guys and Gals,

I have the Zetec S and to my understanding, isn't it suppost to have Auto Hazard Warning Lights when emergency breaking is applied, was reading on Ford's website its suppost to have it, with this went out and did a couple of emergency stops (in a safe place where there were no cars around before anyone moans)but they never came on! what do I need to do, have I missed out on something?

I've only ever seen them activated at motorway speeds. I think its also down to how quickly you go from the accelerator to the brake as much as how hard you press the pedal.

Also not entirely sure if there is any sign that the hazards have been activated from inside the car - it might be that the normal indicator lights in the instruments don't light up when the car turns them on, rather than the driver.

Firstly according to Fords own sales brochure all models of the current fiesta has ‘Auto Hazard Warning Lights’

As a driving instructor my pupils do a few emergency stops in the car and I too can’t recall seeing anything happening inside the car.

I know Vauxhalls have a system where if enough brake pressure is applied (i.e. in an emergency) the rear brake lights start to flash rather than just stay ‘on’. As soon as you start to release the pressure they go back to acting as normal brake lights. I’m wondering if Fords system is similar and as soon as you take the pressure off the brakes the lights go off which means you would have to be quick to spot them working from inside the vehicle.

:)

I've only ever seen them activated at motorway speeds. I think its also down to how quickly you go from the accelerator to the brake as much as how hard you press the pedal.

Also not entirely sure if there is any sign that the hazards have been activated from inside the car - it might be that the normal indicator lights in the instruments don't light up when the car turns them on, rather than the driver.

Hmmm might have to check the manual tonight then, I just straight from the accelorator to the brake, the thing is i folded my mirrors in just before I braked and I couldnt see a flash on them...... I wonder <_< thanks!

Firstly according to Fords own sales brochure all models of the current fiesta has ‘Auto Hazard Warning Lights’

As a driving instructor my pupils do a few emergency stops in the car and I too can’t recall seeing anything happening inside the car.

I know Vauxhalls have a system where if enough brake pressure is applied (i.e. in an emergency) the rear brake lights start to flash rather than just stay ‘on’. As soon as you start to release the pressure they go back to acting as normal brake lights. I’m wondering if Fords system is similar and as soon as you take the pressure off the brakes the lights go off which means you would have to be quick to spot them working from inside the vehicle.

:)

Yea, thats what I thought too, so i folded in the mirrors on the 2nd attept (checked behind me 1st) and I didnt see them plash, maybe its just the rear indicators, might try it again tonight with my mate watching the rear of my car. thanks!

Yea, thats what I thought too, so i folded in the mirrors on the 2nd attept (checked behind me 1st) and I didnt see them plash, maybe its just the rear indicators, might try it again tonight with my mate watching the rear of my car. thanks!

Ive activated this a few times, it has to be very sudden violent braking from high speeds, the indicator lights flash in the car and you can hear them like when you are using your hazard light button, my one is a 2009 Zetec S , not that it should make any difference.

Ive activated this a few times, it has to be very sudden violent braking from high speeds, the indicator lights flash in the car and you can hear them like when you are using your hazard light button, my one is a 2009 Zetec S , not that it should make any difference.

Fair enough, I have a country lane near my house which is national speed limit, might give it a go there, thanks again!

Yeah, RSM's right. They come on when you brake heavily at anything over 60mph. Very handy actually- apart from once when they drew attention to the fact that I had to dramatically pull out of an overtake!

As an aside - the flashing brake light systems fitted to some cars (I didn't know about Vauxhalls, but Mercs had them briefly as well) as mentioned by cyb were removed from new cars after a campaign from Epilepsy Action and Migraine Action - with having to deal regularly with with someone who has seizures in the passenger seat of a moving car - I have to say that I'm very pleased.

Here's hoping their campaign to reverse the decision on outlawing tungsten filament lightbulbs goes the same way...

Good point about the epilepsy, I know someone who has it. I think the indicators coming on are a good idea, the 1st car I knew had it was the Citroen C2.