Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 TDCi

NTproduct

Hello everyone,

Does enyone know what is the diffirence (mean on engine map or engine components like turbocharger or injectors...) between 1.6 TDCi 95 HP and 1.6 TDCi 115 HP?

On 3/12/2019 at 10:24 PM, NTproduct said:

Hello everyone,

Does enyone know what is the diffirence (mean on engine map or engine components like turbocharger or injectors...) between 1.6 TDCi 95 HP and 1.6 TDCi 115 HP?

The higher output version has a DPF fitted and a totally incompatible ECU map relative to the lower output version.

I think someone told me that the lower bhp has a fixed vane turbo and the higher output has variable vane turbo but I am not 100% sure.

3 minutes ago, isetta said:

I think someone told me that the lower bhp has a fixed vane turbo and the higher output has variable vane turbo but I am not 100% sure.

That also rings a bell now that you mention it!

Don't confuse the 16v engine (90/110ps) with the 8v (95/115ps) version.  I don't think the differences are the same.  In fact I'm fairly sure all of the 95ps 8v engines came with a DPF.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that it's Focus MK3. 

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't confuse the 16v engine (90/110ps) with the 8v (95/115ps) version.  I don't think the differences are the same.  In fact I'm fairly sure all of the 95ps 8v engines came with a DPF.

Where as I'd gone for the 16v versions due to the op's signature showing 2006 :teehee:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club