Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issue with wiper and washer 2010 focus

Danny0099

Good afternoon all.

I apologise if this has been discussed but I'm new to the site and have t managed to find anything by searching.

My 2010 focus washers have gone, but I can't find anything with the same symptoms.

My wipers work on the usual 6 speed switch, as do the rear, however, when I push the washer button, for both front and rear, there's no sound from the pump and the wipers don't move.

Has anyone had this before? I'll be checking the fuses later.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

13 minutes ago, Danny0099 said:

Good afternoon all.

I apologise if this has been discussed but I'm new to the site and have t managed to find anything by searching.

My 2010 focus washers have gone, but I can't find anything with the same symptoms.

My wipers work on the usual 6 speed switch, as do the rear, however, when I push the washer button, for both front and rear, there's no sound from the pump and the wipers don't move.

Has anyone had this before? I'll be checking the fuses later.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

you may need a new pump 

• Thanks 1

Just in case you haven't got a fuse diagram

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Danny0099 said:

Thanks guys 

Your welcome 🙂

• Like 1

I might be wrong and I know modern cars have complex electrical systems but if the it was a faulty pump wouldn't the wipers still move when you press the washer button?

17 hours ago, isetta said:

I might be wrong and I know modern cars have complex electrical systems but if the it was a faulty pump wouldn't the wipers still move when you press the washer button?

Assuming the button is working and the signal is getting to where it should be, that's true.  The pump had failed on the wife's MK2.5 last year, pressing the button still triggered the wipers so if this is the case for the op then at least it reduces the potential number of causes to either the immediate wiring to the pump or the pump itself.  Having seen the nasty jelly stuff that can build up within the screenwash tank and block the strainer, I'd definitely be leaning towards the pump having burnt out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club