Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 2015 Ecoboost miles left on display?

thorpey123

Hi everyone I have just bought a Ford Fiesta 1 L eco-boost 2015 which is brilliant!

I just have a quick question I filled the tank up and the display shows 384 miles left in the tank but when I’ve been driving it doesn’t move down and I just wondered is that the display for 3/4 of the tank and then it starts to go down. I just wondered if anybody else could let me know thanks

before I put the fuel in there was about 160 miles left showing and that moved down until I filled it up?

Thanks

David.

The display is only a rough estimate and will change with your driving style.  If you fill up and then drive gently for 50 miles the range may not drop at all in that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Tom says, the display is an estimate and will vary according to driving style/conditions. In some cases you can find the estimate going up after a spell of particularly economical driving. 

• Thanks 1

Ah right, thanks very much. I love the car, it’s so nice to drive 

Just to add - I've found these things can vary in accuracy and responsiveness from car to car, the VW group cars I've had seemed better in this respect than Ford ones. Can be a useful aid once you're used to the car, particularly if used in conjunction with the trip meter which I zero at every fill-up.

Glad you're enjoying the car!😀

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club