Joe1.6

Front Suspension Problem........

Thanks for reading this.......Let me start from the beginning......

We moved into a new home and the driveway way on possible 20% slope. Me being the smart ***** i am back the car up the drive.

One night i was woken to a massive bang........a front suspension spring had snapped.......little did we know, we aka me and the missus were already driving round on 1 broken spring......

The problem........

After buying new springs on 2nd hand struts £60 quick replacement........car just passed a MOT.

When driving the car feels very light on the front, spinning the front wheels with very little power.

The main problem is the slightest little bump in the road, feels like the front spring are bouncing around....alot of rattling and feels like there is no grip.

It vibrates horrendously when you hit a small speed bump shaking on the steering wheel as if the springs are just bouncing round in the strut.....

Any ideas Would be grateful.......

Ford Focus MK2 55 Plate 1.6 Petrol

Joe 

4 hours ago, Joe1.6 said:

slightest little bump in the road, feels like the front spring are bouncing around....alot of rattling and feels like there is no grip.

Sounds a bit like worn shock absorbers to me. Part of the strut.

Also it might be worth checking the suspension alignment. Tracking (if not already done), then if all else seems ok, the castor & camber angles.

I suspect a common cause of spring failure is corrosion due to dirt build up around the spring. A few years back, I removed a lot of mud from the base of my springs, and have taken to cleaning them out, and treating them with rust preventative, every year now.