Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Life

FriendlyFace

Hello,

Currently the owner of a 2006 Ford Finesse 1.4 Diesel, first time car owner, first time poster.

Ive concerns over the garage i had been using for repairs and maintenance.  After a full service last month ive found they tried to replace my timing belt twice in a year and charged me for a reverse light switch they never replaced.  

Four weeks, 1000 miles with radio and sat nav engaged the battery suddenly gave up the ghost.  Am suspicious the service claimed 'Complete full battery and charge check'.  Im wondering if they even checked it now.

Feasible? Coincidence? Is it possible to even say?

Im wondering how far to take this complaint so any help is appreciated.

Welcome.

The battery could die at any time so even if they didn't check it properly that's really a non-starter I would have thought (no pun intended).

How do you know they didn't replace the brake light switch, and what do you mean when you say they tried to replace the cambelt twice?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the battery info, much appreciated.

After the full service i asked if any repairs were needed.  They told me reverse lights were broken and i should replace the timing belt if i hadnt already.  I was sure they had replaced it last year but he swore blind they hadnt.  Its been a rough 4 weeks so i didn't question it but when i cleaned the car a day later i found one back light fitting had no screws in and was hanging off hence i took it to a different garage for the timing belt.  The new garage checked last years invoice confirming it showed a charge for a timing belt and reverse light switch.  A general health check showed the belt was new and the switch wasnt.

Well in that case I would avoid that garage in future. It's important to be able to trust them (both not to rip you off and to do a good job).

Personally I take my cars for service knowing exactly what I'm expecting to be done and also the last time things like the cambelt were changed. You can definitely help yourself by being informed too. It just takes a quick look through the paperwork and manual yourself.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club