david_dc

MONDEO MK5 power steering MAJOR failure

hi.

Got mondeo mk5 15 plate and recently had a major power steering failure.
What has happened was that 2 out of 3 screws holding electric steering motor in the rack has snapped- aluminium screws!
Went to the local trust mechanic and he noticed it's probably because of the corrosion. He managed to take the old screws away and put a steal one, however the 'steering' belt had to be damaged.
You can't get new bits and pieces from the power steering- you can only get the whole bit. New one from FORD approved garage- £1100 + £180 surgecharge for bringing the old one back plus labour.
Managed to get a used one from abroad for £200. 
After replacing so far had no issues with it. 
My question is regards to Lane keeping assist- stoped working after replacing the power steering. Does anyone experienced something similar regards to power steering itself and lane keeping assist related problems. 
Any ideas what is the problem now? Is it just a matter of recoding the steering module to 'match' the other software in the car? I think now the lane assist is working in 'safe mode"- mean its not working 😕

IMG_7105.JPG

Hi i had same problem waiting on a new one quote £1400 and been waiting five weeks for a new one local Ford angent reckons he had sold lots in the last few weeks waiting on one coming from Germany. Wish i had not bought a Ford  .

I bought mine on eBay. Comes from Poland but english version RHD. It looks like new one compare to the old one. 
What did they say at FORD? Were yours screws snapped too....?

Never found out as yet just said it needs replacing.

7 minutes ago, gm0cfw said:

Never found out as yet just said it needs replacing.

Why not to get a part number and try to get a used part on eBay?